The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

I'm a smith critic , but, I think he's earned another start to a season. Morale is sky high now in the camp, to remove him would be a damaging move. Now Suso isn't doing the shopping I feel more at ease, surely his successor can't be worse , unless we're getting Paddy Riley back

Although he might have credit for Gana Geye & Traore ?? Who was that French full back aswell who seemed half decent occasionally. Amavi ?

No, no mate. They were Tim Sherwood's insistence, he'd been watching them before they came out their dad's sack....until they played like shit and the next 'convenient leak' said he had nothing to do with their signings.

I hate the way Gana spoke about using Villa as a stepping stone before he even made his debut. Disgusting
Yep that’s the problem with foreign players they don’t really give a fuck about the club at all. I think at least now we look like we have a bit more of a “team mentality”. Look at the celebrations on Sunday, yes maybe it was over the top but the players looked delighted to have done a good job for the club and each other, we need to keep that mentality and not dismantle it by buying 7 or 8 mercenaries

Yep that’s the problem with foreign players they don’t really give a fuck about the club at all. I think at least now we look like we have a bit more of a “team mentality”. Look at the celebrations on Sunday, yes maybe it was over the top but the players looked delighted to have done a good job for the club and each other, we need to keep that mentality and not dismantle it by buying 7 or 8 mercenaries

I don't for a minute think that is just foreign players, not these days especially.

I don't for a minute think that is just foreign players, not these days especially.
I agree to an extent although you’d hope the british players should know a bit more about the stadium, the fans and the history a compared to some of these foreigners who know nothing about us at all other than our league position. As per the other comments Benteke didn’t even know where villa was based until after he signed

Don't know what else you expect from foreign players. Very unlikely they have an attachment to a specific club and all of them would love to play for a top PL club.

Doesn't mean they won't do a good job for us. On the contrary, a lot of them see the PL as a big step up, wherever they end up, and want to make the most of any opportunity. At least they don't have the disadvantage of being billed as the next English wunderkid by the media. Hasn't done Wolves any harm.

Don't understand the requirement that signings should be dazzled by the prospect of playing for the wonderful club that is Aston Villa. Not. In recent years we've been a bit of a joke.

I remember watching an interview on Sky Sports and Steve Sidwell saying how shocked he was at the sheer size of the club when he joined...I'm sure Merson said the same, amongst other British players new to the club.
Hopefully with success on the pitch next season the size of the club will become common knowledge again