The other board | Vital Football

The other board

Well I just got some insight into what has been going on. Yesterday I posted my first message for months suggesting there were tumbleweeds blowing across the room it was so quiet, and it's been deleted. I would be interested to know which rule this message broke.

TheSupernaturalist - 26/6/2016 13:28
I would be interested to know which rule this message broke.
Edit: I forgot the link: http://fansonline.net/messrules.php end of edit.

Hidden deep in the terms of service are the message board rules for the whole fansonline network. They contain this catch all gem:

"5. Any abuse and defamation directed at message board administrators or criticism/dissent against their decisions or actions. Such posts will not be allowed under any circumstances. Breach of this rule may lead to an immediate ban and removal of any offending posts. Discussion about the banning of other message board users is also not allowed. If you wish to ask questions about the reasons for decisions or actions of board administrators, do so off message board by emailing us via the contact us page ."

So you are specifically forbidden from criticism of editors on the board, regardless of whether that criticism includes abuse and/or defamation.

So, in essence:

Rule 1 we make the rules and are always right;
Rule 2 in the event we are wrong or questionable, see rule 1.

Compris (as another message board administrator used to say)?

There is a smiley on here that perfectly sums up fansonline's attitude: :26:

This board took a bit of getting used to but after a week I have settled in and have no wish to return to the old site, especially as the main fans on-line admin obviously have more interest in shoving their ads down our throats but do jack shit about policing the site.