The Ørjan Nyland Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Ørjan Nyland Thread

I have to say its the keeper that has to inspire your defence not the other way around and I was a keeper myself for many moons.

Nyland has dropped a lot of clangers but lads he has mad some insane saves. I really think the guy just needs more time and realistically he doesnt have that but he will come good. The mistakes will dry up eventually and we'll have a pretty insane reflex keeper on our hands. Sheff Utd could have had how many goals? Reading could have beaten us and look there is no doubt Nyland has cost us games but there is a goalkeeper of some quality in there.

I have to say its the keeper that has to inspire your defence not the other way around and I was a keeper myself for many moons.

Nyland has dropped a lot of clangers but lads he has mad some insane saves. I really think the guy just needs more time and realistically he doesnt have that but he will come good. The mistakes will dry up eventually and we'll have a pretty insane reflex keeper on our hands. Sheff Utd could have had how many goals? Reading could have beaten us and look there is no doubt Nyland has cost us games but there is a goalkeeper of some quality in there.
I bloody hope! In German Bundesliga 2 he wasn't their No 1

Yep find it difficult to judge the lad properly at the moment as he is operating behind a defence which is shambolic,so he will not have much confidence in them this in turn is affecting his own confidence.

He did . World class save in the first half and generally looked very solid indeed.
The angle of the TV camera on the highlights doesn't do that save justice: from behind it looked a goal as soon as the player hit it, I couldn't believe that he got to it.

The only problem I have with him and this has been from day one is he's slow off his line when the ball comes over the top. With Chester's chronic lack of pace, the keeper needs to be lightning fast coming out as the defence is not going to recover once the ball clears them.

Got a feeling he just might turn into a dam good keeper given time. So l would play him all season and let him ajust to the players around him

Got a feeling he just might turn into a dam good keeper given time. So l would play him all season and let him ajust to the players around him

After the 4th and 5th goals last night, I don't think he will ever make a good keeper. Jim Cumbes used to frustrate the hell out of us old 'uns but he was De Gea, Yashin and Buffon all rolled into one compare to Nyland.
Bunn for all of his failings has to be better and Smith needs to take Nyland out of the firing line (literally) and put him in the U23s until we can get rid of him.

Unfortunately I think bunns even worse than Nyland, I've never not been nervous when he's been in between the sticks. Steer should have been left as number 1 for this season.

Unfortunately I think bunns even worse than Nyland, I've never not been nervous when he's been in between the sticks. Steer should have been left as number 1 for this season.

Bunn isn't great but I honestly don't believe anyone can be worse than Nyland.

We'd have won last night with Bunn, Steer, Moriera or Doris in goal.

I've seen Bunn plenty of times and he's no better than Nyland, and I thibk Nyland is pretty hopeless but we won't improve replacing 1 hopeless keeper with another. Perhaps time to give this Portuguese lad a go, or Sarkic. Anyone but the apparent number 1 and 2 we have now.

Steer is better than all of them.

Still a bit nonplussed why Bruce got rid of him so quickly after he had a decent game at Hull.