The Ørjan Nyland Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

The Ørjan Nyland Thread

If Orjan could cut out his mistakes he'd be a good keeper. There's hope for him yet.
I think it's 100% mental with him. He always looks like he's scared to me. Instills no confidence in me and I'm just watching on telly. Can only imagine what it's like when you're playing in front of him!
I actually thought he'd do well in an empty stadium with less pressure, but he looked even more shaky...

When was that? Name rings no bells whatsoever. And I'm no spring chicken.

We had him on loan in 1969, I thought it was from Celtic but it appears it was from Wolves and he then went to Celtic he was a Scot with a Welsh name. I was 11 so my memory of him has faded but not enough as to not remember how crap he was

John Phillips anyone? I remember watching us lose 0 4 at home to Portsmouth on a rain sodden afternoon in about 1970. He left soon after. He came from Shrewsbury. At least jimmy Cumbes had a large physical presence, at least when he wasn’t playing cricket for Worcester

Mark Bunn is the only worse keeper I've seen play for Villa in my time, I'm sure he made a mistake that led to a goal in every game he played. Gabor Kirally would be up there too but only played a handful of games on loan. Enkleman always gets brought up but bar those 2 horrible fuck ups against blues, the first of which shouldn't have counted btw he actually did alright I thought.

Nyland is a brilliant shot stopper but has zero command of his area. Every time the ball comes into the box its terrifying. He's not good enough and should be sold asap. Nothing against the guy and we certainly wouldn't have got to Wembley without him last season but his time is up.

I don’t think he has the physical presence for the Premier. League. He isn’t one of those keepers who you know will clear everybody out to make a catch.
He’s got some good qualities and I don’t go in for being nastily critical of our players but I don’t feel confident with him behind our defence.

Forgot to edit in here as I typoed. :thumbup:

I'm still not sure I've recovered from Sunday. As I was drafting it I put Monday! lol

He came, he saw , he dropped everything, he left because he was the worst goal keeper in our history. And fcuk me I welcome this decision.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/Villa-announce-Nyland-departure/

Definitely not upset that he is leaving. But do feel a bit for the lad. Panic signing by Bruce when we had no chief executive or director of football, and just simply not good enough. Hope he can go on and be successful somewhere.... Kudos (AGAIN) to the club for releasing him instead of letting him collect a wage for being fifth choice....

TBF I think the lad came to the club much like Jota did.

Honest down to earth lad just prone to making mistakes which seems like all the best shot-stoppers are. Made some sensational saves but his presence alone unsettles the backline.

Thrilled with Emi and very happy we have Steer and Heaton.

Nowhere near our worst though. Give me Nyland over Guzan every time. I have a nightmare every time I think of Guzan, the flapper to end all flappers.