The Ørjan Nyland Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Ørjan Nyland Thread

In each game since the post-lockdown restart he's failed to fill me with any confidence in his handling. He's been really bad.

That said though, I struggle to see how this has any impact on the performances of the defence in front of him. If you put the three top keepers in the world behind them at the same time they'd still be a shambles.

He makes the odd mistake, but usually gets away with it. Probably a late developer; quite a few keepers are.

He's not the problem.
At the age of 29 not sure how late of a developer you’re expecting him to be. It’s not like he’s 21, he should be approaching his prime now but he’s just not good enough. He’s not our only problem but he certainly adds to the woes.

Thankfully at present none of his errors have directly cost us a goal... yet. Although I do believe having such an error prone keeper will have a psychological impact on the rest of the team, not just the defence, it can’t be good thinking at any point the keeper could make a howler and cost a goal.

At the age of 29 not sure how late of a developer you’re expecting him to be. It’s not like he’s 21, he should be approaching his prime now but he’s just not good enough. He’s not our only problem but he certainly adds to the woes.

Thankfully at present none of his errors have directly cost us a goal... yet. Although I do believe having such an error prone keeper will have a psychological impact on the rest of the team, not just the defence, it can’t be good thinking at any point the keeper could make a howler and cost a goal.
I am surprised david by that revalation, 29. I thought he was a lot younger than that and have given him leway based on his age.
I now feel that its very unlikely he will improve greatly if he is still making basic mistakes at that age.

He just enjoys a laugh and a bit of a wind up , he blatantly took the ball over the line and chucked it to wolves for a bit of Bantz

Yep basic sweeping up and a willingness to have the ball played back is often overlooked but it's what the modern keeper has to excel at .
There was a case early on against Wolves where mings kicked the ball for a throw rather than just tap it back to his keeper. I think he would have played back to Reina as he would have had the call

I think Sky kind of made a deal of Reina chatting to Nuno at halftime, having a laugh, as if they were saying how the hell am i playing second fiddle to him?

I think Sky kind of made a deal of Reina chatting to Nuno at halftime, having a laugh, as if they were saying how the hell am i playing second fiddle to him?
If he was, he might start thinking of the stupid blunders he himself made which costs us points, and also of the weight he needs to lose :grinning:

He isn't good enough for this level TBH. He wasn't good enough for the Championship either so I'm mystified by his inclusion in the first team. Having said that if Reina starts against Liverpool and we get spanked 5-0 there will be those that will say it is because he was in the team instead of Nyland.

Time to bin off Encklemans cousin and the fat Spaniard and give Jed Steer the gloves for the run in and good game prep before next season in the championship

It's incredible that this lad has improved massively and still looks like a total liability.

Its even worse that Sarkic has gone and he' still with us.