The Ollie Watkins Thread | Page 78 | Vital Football

The Ollie Watkins Thread

We'd be stupid to let Watkins go especially to a rival. If someone needs to go to make way for an incoming forward then it has to be Ings.
Ollie looking better in last few games. Playing the easy ball and timing his runs with more guile. Must work on his control as too many attacks break up and we give possession away too often. KISS Ollie.

From where I was it looked like an OG couldn't really see how it got it and when they took forever to give it I feared the worst. That explains how it went in

I was slightly worried as they surrounded the ref but tellingly the CB Watkins beat wasn't one of them. He knew he'd been done and it wasn't a foul.

Watkins works so hard for the team I understand peoples frustration with him & yes his touch & control is quite poor & would he get into a top six side regular I’d say NO. But with dynamic midfield players around him we may look a bit different. Jack took pressure off a few players last year & they have struggled to step up so a new messiah is needed from the lucky bag of transfers..

I think Ollie causes other problems as well as the obvious few we can all see which are his terrible touch and poor hold up play.

The other problem for me, is the likes or Digne, PC or Emi2 can’t always afford to make the run beyond him because even if he does manage to get the ball down, there is a high chance his control and passing will give the ball away, and then you are exposed on the counter. We’ve all played with those really shit players whether it’s a work kick around or Sunday league, and had that player you don’t even bother running around because you are anticipating they will lose it. I’m not saying Ollie is shit, but to prove the point that is the dilemma overlapping players face to mere mortals like us.