The Ollie Watkins Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Ollie Watkins Thread

The way I see it is that it will be a great confidence booster for him, you could see what it meant to him to score on his England debut. He has been in a somewhat bad run of form of late so hopefully this lifts him out of it.

Looks great on his Wikipedia page and thats it for me.
Be a bigger challenge scoring in England squad training.

Its not him that needs boosting really its the crock of shit non creativity in our side that needs boosting when SJ isn't around . Without that it doesn't matter what he does for England.

It's quite rare that he gets a ball like he did last night since Grealish has been out of the team. Goes to show that we haven't been giving him the right service.

Agree completely. It will surely lift his confidence but to be able to score for us he needs chances to be created for him. Who in Jack's absence is going to do that? That confidence gained will turn into confidence lost soon.

well done ollie, i dont think he got a lot of the ball. there was to much individualism among the midfielders ,trying to do much for themselves, to many lingards, one important thing was missing and it stood out a mile, our jack. seanie

I had the same impression too. The others were all being selfish trying to get a goal for themselves but can't blame them for doing so as they would not get such a team to play against and they were trying to impress the manager by getting on the scoresheet especially Lingaard.

I had the same impression too. The others were all being selfish trying to get a goal for themselves but can't blame them for doing so as they would not get such a team to play against and they were trying to impress the manager by getting on the scoresheet especially Lingaard.

Lingard knows that the minute Jack's back playing he's never gettin a squad again. His selfishness was ridiculous last night.

Just seen the interview after the game, what a well spoken young man he is. He really was in dreamland.
Thanks Ollie you did our club proud.
Only just found out he got on and scored.
Hopefully this will give him a boost when he pulls on a proper shirt.

Must admit, for a 17 year old, Bellingham looks like the real deal. Big, strong, and has that sudden change of pace. Him and Jack as part of a front three? (For us, I mean. I have little interest in Ingerland these days).

Edit: wrong thread. Thought this was the other clubs thingy. My bad.

Must admit, for a 17 year old, Bellingham looks like the real deal. Big, strong, and has that sudden change of pace. Him and Jack as part of a front three? (For us, I mean. I have little interest in Ingerland these days).

Yeah. Let’s buy him, put him on the bench or in u23 and never play him. That‘ll boil the small heath neanderthal’s piss .:lol:

Bellingham surely was impressive. Why are we afraid of giving our younger teenaged players a chance when elsewhere at other clubs they are playing them in their first teams?

Bellingham is a excellent talent, perhaps we should have tried to poach him a couple of years ago? He would have been well known among scouts. Now he's at Dortmund I'd say there's little to no chance of us signing him.