The Ollie Watkins Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Ollie Watkins Thread

Pleased for him.

He needed it.

Now get on that run of goals Ollie. Add consistent goal rate to the work rate and tenacity he has and the team will get even better.

Interesting. I see him most definitely as the main striker but he’s being asked to do a hell of a lot more than that. Of course he’s not Harry Kane but that’s expecting rather a lot in his first season with us. Push him wide would be a big mistake in his development, like clipping his wings. The kid is desperate to score and as you know... once he gets one he’ll get more.
Absolutely - well said.

Looks a player out wide. Was impressive against Palace, pacey and clever enough. Deano knows all about him so time will tell.
Yeah, he's definitely suited to life as a left winger/left forward. He could be as prolific as Mane or Aubemayang.

Yeah, he's definitely suited to life as a left winger/left forward. He could be as prolific as Mane or Aubemayang.

We definitely have players who can give us options now.

Soon enough if Smith wanted to he could line up with a front 3 consisting of any 3 from Watkins, Wesley, Davis, Grealish, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Traore. He can put Grealish in midfield or wide and Watkins wide or through the middle.

We definitely have players who can give us options now.

Soon enough if Smith wanted to he could line up with a front 3 consisting of any 3 from Watkins, Wesley, Davis, Grealish, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Traore. He can put Grealish in midfield or wide and Watkins wide or through the middle.
From rags to riches. We can now plan for a third season with the big boys. Getting less concerned about the results of the likes of the Blades,Fulham and the Baggies. Enduring those painful Ellis years is slowly fading from the memory. Cub appears well set up to thrive with clued up owners and a management team, both on and off the pitch who get the potential of Aston Villa.

It's an absolute travesty that the likes of Ollie, Cash, Martinez etc. haven't played in front of a full Villa Park yet.

This is what I posted on Tuesday......

I dont know what to put this under, so please move if its in the wrong place

I was thinking, we have six players who have never played in a home game because of the coved virus. Its going to be good when we can get back to Villa Park, 42,000 in there roaring Watkins on, Martinez and Cash with their backs to the Holte Ross and Traore up front, and Sansom waiting to get on from the bench. I've got great visions of this, lets get it on. :utv::utv:

Delighted we signed him and nipped in front of Leeds for his signature. Think a few others were chasing him too so the extra few million we gave Brentford/Exeter is money well invested. Looking forward to more goals in the second part of the season.

good player and a bit of a bargin but misses far too many chances and given he was only ever a winger before having to step in the strikers roll to help out he has done very well . but i still think we need a player that will put those missed chances away i would love to see young barry given a run out for 20 mins and put him in and around quality players
this lad got one real chance against liverpool and scored and scored with ease iv seen watkins have a few chances like that this season and not scored
plus its about time we got a new local hero to come off the bench

good player and a bit of a bargin but misses far too many chances and given he was only ever a winger before having to step in the strikers roll to help out he has done very well . but i still think we need a player that will put those missed chances away i would love to see young barry given a run out for 20 mins and put him in and around quality players
this lad got one real chance against liverpool and scored and scored with ease iv seen watkins have a few chances like that this season and not scored
plus its about time we got a new local hero to come off the bench

Ollie scored 3 against Liverpool with VVD in defence . Barry is a kid and nowhere near ready to do that on a regular basis he's 17 playing under 23's which is the level he is at. Let's see where he is in 2 years time, we have players coming through who are currently ahead of him like Ramsey. Lets no ruin the kid by throwing him to the lions.