The Official Yannick Bolasie Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Official Yannick Bolasie Thread

What's odd is that just after Smith joined, I watched an interview with a Brentford fan and what kind of style Smith will implement.

The fan said don't expect to see any wingers at all, he didn't use wingers at Brentford. It was all about quick one touch football around the box, waiting for an opportunity to pounce.

Has it been just a case so far of having to play with what he has?

I was not really aware of this Smith not using wingers at Brentford but SD said exactly this on Saturday .

And yes I thinks it's definitely the case that he is nowhere near having what he wants player wise to implement what he wants to do.

I said on Saturday that I refuse to believe Smith is happy with what the team are doing as it is nowhere near what I saw his Brentford teams were doing against us.

I was not really aware of this Smith not using wingers at Brentford but SD said exactly this on Saturday .

And yes I thinks it's definitely the case that he is nowhere near having what he wants player wise to implement what he wants to do.

I said on Saturday that I refuse to believe Smith is happy with what the team are doing as it is nowhere near what I saw his Brentford teams were doing against us.

Agreed, there's no way he's come in to Villa and decided to ditch his philosophy.

There was definitely signs of something when he first came in, even though he was using wingers then. But since Jack has been out, it seems the emphasis has been on getting it out wide.

I'd love to see us play without wingers for a change. As Deano said, it's all too predictable.

Is it really true that we paid all his wages? Staggering!!!!!!

Struck me that his main interest here was simply getting game time and getting fit. He has skills, no doubt about it, but overall impact was pretty low.

A good move by DS. A very good move.:clap:

El Ghazi is different. Looked lost under Bruce. Came alive under DS. Has stalled a bit. Unconvinced by him at the moment, has gaps in his game. If DS thinks he's worth persevering I'd go with that. Could be a hell of a player. Adomah can offer more but seems out of sorts.

Another example of Pulis pulling our pants down. Sent him packing more or less saying he was a bad apple, oh and look who picked the tab for a loan fee and 6 months wages.

Another example of Pulis pulling our pants down. Sent him packing more or less saying he was a bad apple, oh and look who picked the tab for a loan fee and 6 months wages.

Is that the same Pulis who we were neck and neck with to sign Bolasie on loan at the start of the season ?

It was clear in the last couple of games that he didn’t give a shit. Apparently he cancelled his own deal which is about as much proof as you need on the matter.

£70,000 a week on him is a disgrace. He showed flashes here and there, especially when he first got into the side but recently he’s just lost it entirely. Seemed like a bad egg more interested in personal highlights than the good of the team. Glad he’s gone hopefully start of a more unified team like last year

Good riddance - overpaid, under performing slacker.

Only thinv that guts me is it was him who asked to go back - we should have shown him the door !!!

A few flashes of brilliance, a few sub appearances where he livened things up but in the games where he started he didn’t seem to stand out as one of our prime attacking threats and outlets which he should’ve been from the wide left. I had high hopes for Bolasie - I thought he could’ve been as influential as Snoddy in terms of his ability and experience of the game in the big time.

If we were playing for promotion I’d say it’s premature and I would’ve kept him til the end of the season as I do think he’d be an option even if it’s from the bench. But it does allow Green an easier route into the team so let’s see what he can do for 6 months.

Edit: just read he wanted to cancel, WTF! Nzogbia mark 2?

El Ghazi is different. Looked lost under Bruce. Came alive under DS. Has stalled a bit. Unconvinced by him at the moment, has gaps in his game. If DS thinks he's worth persevering I'd go with that. Could be a hell of a player. Adomah can offer more but seems out of sorts.

I think we can see both why El Ghazi was once considered the most exciting young players in Europe, and why his career has stalled since.

Great technique and skill at times but also very hit and miss. I’d have him in the team although I know some others don’t like him much at all, one of those players I guess

A few flashes of brilliance, a few sub appearances where he livened things up but in the games where he started he didn’t seem to stand out as one of our prime attacking threats and outlets which he should’ve been from the wide left. I had high hopes for Bolasie - I thought he could’ve been as influential as Snoddy in terms of his ability and experience of the game in the big time.

If we were playing for promotion I’d say it’s premature and I would’ve kept him til the end of the season as I do think he’d be an option even if it’s from the bench. But it does allow Green an easier route into the team so let’s see what he can do for 6 months.

Edit: just read he wanted to cancel, WTF! Nzogbia mark 2?

Unless agreed that line to save face?

Kind of thing Smith would do IMO