The Official Yannick Bolasie Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Official Yannick Bolasie Thread

Delighted to hear Bolasie has cut short his loan deal with us and returned to Everton. That will save us a few bob, £80k a week was it?

:wave::wave::wave: Have a safe trip back up the M6 Yannick...

Now on to more important things:
An annual gift of the Villa calendar comes from my parents - they have bought me one every year since I was a kid. When I opened it this year, the first thing I said was "why the flippin' eck have they got a loan player in it!"
So, do I turn to February in the hope that it's a current player, paste a new picture in it's place, or put up with looking at Yannick for 10 more days? Come on Vital Villans, this is a critical decision that I need help with!!

An annual gift of the Villa calendar comes from my parents - they have bought me one every year since I was a kid. When I opened it this year, the first thing I said was "why the flippin' eck have they got a loan player in it!"
So, do I turn to February in the hope that it's a current player, paste a new picture in it's place, or put up with looking at Yannick for 10 more days? Come on Vital Villans, this is a critical decision that I need help with!!
I have stuck a cut out of Sid’s bonce on his head. Now a perfect but slightly strange January and an insight should Professor Frankenstein’s surgery become mainstream

I don’t often agree when fans say players are lazy, it’s an easy criticism to make unless you have played and understand the mental requirements of playing. I think Bolassie just wasn’t mentally strong enough to play for quite a weak AV side and was paid way too much! As I said on the other thread, remember his first contribution on Saturday? What a way to start... Thanks but no thanks Yannick.

It frees up some wages and possibly another loan spot to fill. There has to be someone to fill the left back slot and I fear for the rest of the season if that doesn't happen?
I was excited when Bolassie arrived but after the first couple of weeks, it was obvious that we were being used as a training camp for him and he has big delusions of once more tearing up the PL.
Sadly, too much money and not enough commitment but a good manager would have seen through that. DS had to do the dirty work and tell him that he was not wanted. I know that he was supposed to has asked to be released but that is just saving face. Let's see how many games he gets for Everton now.
UTV
VTID
HEITS

So, do I turn to February in the hope that it's a current player, paste a new picture in it's place, or put up with looking at Yannick for 10 more days? Come on Vital Villains, this is a critical decision that I need help with!!
Put a curly wig and a red nose and pretend he's Ronald McShit. Actually he did play with clown's feet sometimes.....sorted.

I know this was a loan but, as the great Ron Saunders once said,
" When you pay big money for First Division players you buy another club's problems."
You could apply the same rule to loans.

Some work, even though I'm not a fan of the system. Be nice when we are able to move away from loans though

Thought he’d tear up this league, genuinely excited when we got him and he’s shown flashes of his former self but not enough for what he’s reportedly being paid. We’ve now got Green back who i’d much rather see get a starting place and that money being spent on the loan/wages can now be spent on a couples of others. With Everton’s current form I imagine he might get used up there.

Haha, Great marketing to be fair, He could have been Mr December

I know this was a loan but, as the great Ron Saunders once said,
" When you pay big money for First Division players you buy another club's problems."
You could apply the same rule to loans.

Times have changed now with massive squads and loans are just feeders for the clubs to develop their players

Classy response. Yannick Bolasie at the top of his form would have been an asset. Guess he left us as his form and mental fitness didn't guarantee the rehabilitation game time he was looking for.

No hard feelings from me about his time at Villa. He was a gamble that didn't pay off. Good luck to him. Great to watch at his best - hope he can get back to it.