The Official Vital 'lets slate Southgate's England selection' thread, sponsored by 50 years of miserable failure | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Official Vital 'lets slate Southgate's England selection' thread, sponsored by 50 years of miserable failure

no, definitely a glockenspiel. I once went to the Basford Tartinaires and they wanted me to play the kazoo, but I wanted to play the snare drum so binned it

Some geezer called Karanka signed him for Boro from Villa, fee undisclosed but Adomah going the other way was part of the deal.

Pickford
Walker, Stones(or Jones), Maguire
Alexander- Arnold, Dier, Sessegnon
Lingard, Alli, Sterling
Kane

Subs
Butland
Pope
Young
Trippier
Jones (Stones)
Lascelles
Shelvey
Loftus-Cheek
Wilshere
Rashford
Vardy
Foden

Thats the squad Id take

Jesus, Jones? Definitely not an international bright young thing. His shit.

If Villa did get promoted the first thing they would have to do is ship out most of their squad. As they have 7 of the top 10 earners in the Championship that could be interesting.

Russia are a totally different culture & trying to impose Western standards on anyone is wrong especially when we can’t even do it right ourselves.

My particular favourite is one of the Gamons favourite speech’s where Churchill talks about fighting on the beaches & then how the new world we sweep in & save us something that has then been picked up by Hollywood & therefore becomes shared wisdom, it totally ignores the Russian sacrifice.

Agree with this but the it is difficult to remember who killed more russians- was it the Germans or Stalin?

Agree with this but the it is difficult to remember who killed more russians- was it the Germans or Stalin?

Both would have been involved but the effect would have been the same. Many millions died. In any case if you go to the cinema it's obvious that the Yanks won the war and we just tagged along. It's not too many years ago that we finished paying for the gear that they supplied before and during the war.
That's how life is. Worse luck.

We arent going to win it..so wtf is the point in taking Young over Sessegnon...makes no sense. I put Jones in my earlier squad selection as I cant see Southgate leaving him out..Id take Lascelles personally.

What a lack of ambition... Young..Cahill..Jones...Id have dropped those for Sessegnon Wilshere and Shelvey..no chance we will do anything with the squad hes picked...0 creativity in the middle of the park..Henderson the crab ffs.

Having thought about it. Id drop Jones..Delph..Young and Cahill and take Sessegnon..Lascelles..Wilshere and Shelvey..much better balance...imo.

What a lack of ambition... Young..Cahill..Jones...Id have dropped those for Sessegnon Wilshere and Shelvey..no chance we will do anything with the squad hes picked...0 creativity in the middle of the park..Henderson the crab ffs.

Sessegnon has never played in the top flight let alone internationally and has really crumbled under pressure of late. He scored in the playoff second leg but was very poor in both games and the last few weeks by many accounts. He is too young and there us no need. He'll get his chance again at 21.

Would you really trust Wiltshire or Shelvey to stay on the pitch?

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Kyle Walker, John Stones (Manchester City), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Kieran Trippier, Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Jones, Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Eric Dier, Dele Alli (both Tottenham Hotspur), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea).

Forwards: Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal) Harry Kane (Tottenham).

Standby: Tom Heaton, James Tarkowski (Burnley), Lewis Cook (Bournemouth), Jake Livermore (West Brom) and Adam Lallana (Liverpool).

I am absolutely staggered. Danny Welbeck... How on earth is he one of the best England strikers to take?

How many times has he hit double figures in the PL in his career?

None.

I honestly have never understood what England manager after England manager sees inbhim. When he came tinus in January he was exactly what i had always seen him to be on TV- an absolutely nothing player.