The Official Vital 'lets slate Southgate's England selection' thread, sponsored by 50 years of miserable failure | Vital Football

The Official Vital 'lets slate Southgate's England selection' thread, sponsored by 50 years of miserable failure

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
Southgate names his squad tomorrow. Here is a BBC page where you can pick your team. I tried but had barely heard of half the players and didn't know where they played.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44112462

The list of possibles is depressing. Danny Welbeck is on it. If there is any serious consideration of taking Danny Welbeck then I suggest we don't even bother boarding the plane. They are talking of Jack Wiltshire as well. How many minutes will he play?

Struggled to pick a defender I would trust either. And no doubt Joe Hart will go, despite it being the most unjust selection since the last time Danny Welbeck was picked for something

I gave up caring about the England team around the time Schteve took over. It's been nothing but depressing boring garbage ever since. I get enough of that from Forest, I'm not going through it with the national team too!

If we play 352 we have a half decent side.Kane up top with Sterling having a free role.Play Alexander Arnold,Lingard and Rashford with likes of Dier and Ali.The back 3 he tried with Walker in it last time was ok and play Pickford.Admittedly it's defensive,holding midfielders and a De Bruyne type we lack.

Good Fred. Depending on the selection I'm either with lynx or ingy. Need walker, dier, Ali and Kane as the spine imo.

Be surprised if we do more than escape the group

England is a waste of a space at the World Cup.

Not even sure if I can be bothered to watch the games.

You lot should worry, our Aussie squad has just been named and it includes Cahill, 38 years old and couldn't get a game at Millwall when he came over. Mind you we have a new coach who I've never heard of and our teams always seem to have a bit of " go " so who knows? I don't but I bet we'll make a scrap out of it.
That's something.

Hart has been told he isn’t going so it’s Pickford, Butland and Pope for the keeper places.

Am I the only one looking forward to the World Cup?

I have every confidence that the football team will continue in what has been a tremendous year for English sport.

The Cricket team are so bad the Australian's did not even bother to cheat against them, the Rugby Union teams have been put back in their box both at Club and International level and the boys at Team Sky have been found to have been doing more drugs than Primal Scream in their heyday.

If it was not for good old Anthony Joshua it would have been a pretty miserable year.

You lot should worry, our Aussie squad has just been named and it includes Cahill, 38 years old and couldn't get a game at Millwall when he came over. Mind you we have a new coach who I've never heard of and our teams always seem to have a bit of " go " so who knows? I don't but I bet we'll make a scrap out of it.
That's something.

Aussies & footie ( not Aussie rules ) in same sentence?
Not having that ORF ?

I love the confidence being shown in this Fred, At least you got a team in the World Cup, The US lost to "friggin" Trinidad and Tobago. Now I am torn between supporting England or Portugal.

Pickford
Walker, Stones(or Jones), Maguire
Alexander- Arnold, Dier, Sessegnon
Lingard, Alli, Sterling
Kane

Subs
Butland
Pope
Young
Trippier
Jones (Stones)
Lascelles
Shelvey
Loftus-Cheek
Wilshere
Rashford
Vardy
Foden

Thats the squad Id take

Joe Hart is not going
Jack Wiltshire is not going
Ryan Bertrand is not going.

First two I understand as they are totally unreliable for different reasons. Not really understanding the third.

Ashley Young IS going and I have absolutely no idea what anyway sees in that bloke.

Joe Hart is not going
Jack Wiltshire is not going
Ryan Bertrand is not going.

First two I understand as they are totally unreliable for different reasons. Not really understanding the third.

Ashley Young IS going and I have absolutely no idea what anyway sees in that bloke.
Yeah I really don’t get that one. No way is Young a better left back / wing back and the fact he can play further forward doesn’t really change things.

Bizarre.