The official Travel thread | Vital Football

The official Travel thread

chicovilla

Vital Squad Member
Where all the vital villans off to this year?

I've just got back from 10 days in the Balkans, visiting Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia. Bosnia in particular was stunning despite the war in the 1990's. Sarajevo and Mostar definitely worth a visit.

I'm off to Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia at the end of March.

Also planning a trip to Armenia and Georgia some time in July.

Later in the year planning on a trip to Iceland and maybe Malta.

Spend a lot of my time planning my trips and this thread could be a good resource for people to offer trip and destination tips.

I don't like to talk about it chico, however being as you are forcing me to, I'm off to Egypt in May and October.

The may one is a worry, once at the FA Cup final I am going to have to fly home early!

What!? You mean you've been to Egypt, now only if you would let us know about it!

Love to go there myself especially Cairo and The Valley of the Kings. Also the Red sea resorts for snorkeling/diving - supposed to be some of the best diving areas in the world.

Kefelonia (of-course) May/June. Fly out on May 30th (yes I know FA cup final day. Will get out in time to get to The Nemesis or get it on up the stream on the laptop) Going for a month this year.

Before the normal shouts of ''how do you afford it'' not because I need to explain myself, it doesn't cost us anymore for a month than it does for 2 weeks. We always do self catering.

Then Santorini for 2 weeks in September courtesy of Escape magazine and the competition I won last October time.

Think that's it for this year, unless I win anymore hols/breaks :14:

Oh we will take a break in Wales, though that's with Mr KK family so that doesn't count

I love Vietnam chico, I spent a month there back in 2011.

Whereabouts in Vietnam are you going?, or are you going to do a 'tour'?

chicovilla - 13/3/2015 07:22

BodyButter - 12/3/2015 15:33

I'm going to Seremban tomorrow.

What's in Seremban BB?

I have an office there. We are short staffed at the moment so I'll be there to help out. It's a sedate kinda place. Maybe it's like Telford but without all the factories and roundabouts.

Well after going to Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Krakow, Florence, Rome and Malaga in 2014, this year is going to be somewhat of a come down...... probably looking at a week in a caravan in Norfolk and if I'm lucky maybe a week in Cornwall.

Flippin fertile sperm! Grrr!!!!

chicovilla - 12/3/2015 15:26

What!? You mean you've been to Egypt, now only if you would let us know about it!

Love to go there myself especially Cairo and The Valley of the Kings. Also the Red sea resorts for snorkeling/diving - supposed to be some of the best diving areas in the world.

LOL, I keep these things quiet mate!

Yeah, mine is a very lazy 'escape' for a total rest really. Not done much travelling at all over there. Some of it has been limited due to the trouble over there as well. But yes, they say the diving is amazing. I can't do it really, affects the pressure in my brain ached noggin so not really worth the discomfort.

San Fran and LA at the end of the month for a few days... Probably Vegas in July and with some luck I'll catch a bit of Chicago and Boston in August before I jet off to Ireland at Xmas...

If plans pan out as hoped we will start our summer holiday in the north of England (remember, this is overseas travell for me) then spend some time in the Midlands, vusiting freinds and family, we'll then continue our tour to the south of England and then accross to Harwich where we will take the ferry to Hook of Holland. In the Netherlands we will be a bit touristy but also visit my wife's family. Then a drive through Germany to Denmark where we will do tourist stuff again, followed by a drive home to Norway through Sweden, buying some "cheap" food on the way (most things in Sweden are cheaper than in Norway, food in particular, and there's a wider selection too).

Pride of Lions - 13/3/2015 00:10

I love Vietnam chico, I spent a month there back in 2011.

Whereabouts in Vietnam are you going?, or are you going to do a 'tour'?

Yes POL heard lots of good things about Vietnam.
I'm going to Hanoi, and then taking the sleeper train up to Sapa near the Chinese border. Back to Hanoi after that and then out to Halong Bay for 2 nights on a boat. Which parts have you been to?

not sure yet I quite fancy Devon or Cornwall (my passport ran out ages ago and i's too damn expensive to renew at present). The wife fancies Scotland (which I don't have a problem with either - just its warmer in Devon and Cornwall and getting frostbite or hypothermia on your summer hols isn't what I want)

CDX_EIRE - 14/3/2015 17:01

San Fran and LA at the end of the month for a few days... Probably Vegas in July and with some luck I'll catch a bit of Chicago and Boston in August before I jet off to Ireland at Xmas...

Boston (or Bahstn as they pronounce it) is awesome, just don't go to the Golden Banana Club on Route 1 (I was in there far too long looking at young women and spent about $50 including drinks).

Booked up to go to Mexico a few months ago and when do we leave 29th May :169: :26: