The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 127 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Cahill doesn't fit the new villa philosophy. Shame about Alex thought he would come back on loan

Now we're back were we belong, we shouldn't really be taking anyone on loan... specially from PL clubs. We'd only be improving them for our competitors.

Now, if it was from a European league and we wanted to see if they'd fit into the PL style of play etc, that's a different story.... specially with an option to buy.

Cahill doesn't fit the new villa philosophy. Shame about Alex thought he would come back on loan
:stupid:

Unless it's a question of us not getting either Alex or Mings, so it would be Cahill and Hause at CB.

Of course it could be Mings and Hause at CB with Cahill and Chester providing backup.

Don’t get this at all mate. If you’re talking about a general rule for the squad - then absolutely, but as a one off signing to me I can’t agree with you. Cahill will bring much needed experience and organisation to a relatively inexperienced squad. He’s been a great player over the years and is still better than anything we currently have. Don’t see any problem with having one or two short term deals combined with a long term transfer strategy.

Absolutely.
100% agree.

With what we have, who we have signed Cahill will fit in perfectly. Frozen out last year but kept dignified . Model pro. Bags and bags of experience. Not too old for a season or two .

I have been totally meh with signings so far . But for some reason this would bring those signings into perspective and I would see clarity of thought and sound thinking and planning in that they identify that experience has a place amongst younger players and players with no Premier experience. This would be as astute as JT for a season in my humble.

Absolutely.
100% agree.

With what we have, who we have signed Cahill will fit in perfectly. Frozen out last year but kept dignified . Model pro. Bags and bags of experience. Not too old for a season or two .

I have been totally meh with signings so far . But for some reason this would bring those signings into perspective and I would see clarity of thought and sound thinking and planning in that they identify that experience has a place amongst younger players and players with no Premier experience. This would be as astute as JT for a season in my humble.

Depends on how much money he wants for me. Said this before about others. He has made enough money to live in luxury for the rest of his life. £120 000 a week on his last contract.

Is he worth double what we pay the super Js? Is he expecting to play every week? For the right contract and with the right attitude I would sign him.

If he wants to call the shots on a last pay day, he can fuck off to China with that cock from West Ham.

No one will have a clue what we are paying Cahill if we sign him but I trust the powers that be to make a sensible offer and if he accepts then it will be a good signing. He is no back number.

they'll all know what he's on (if we sign him obvs) -
be a few disgruntled if he's coming in way above the others after doing sweet fa for the last couple of years.

meh

No one will have a clue what we are paying Cahill if we sign him but I trust the powers that be to make a sensible offer and if he accepts then it will be a good signing. He is no back number.

Salaries are easily leaked. What's a back number? My point is pay what he is worth in the context of what we have. Agreed that from what we know of him, he has a positive attitude.

Chap on Twitter, reckons that Cahill is definitely joining. He’s not claiming to be an ITK, but he reckons he’s heard it pretty much 1st hand.

That would be me. I’m not ITK by any stretch... I’m sure many could confirm that on here... I don’t do all that crap. But I’m friends with Gary’s cousin, met him on holiday in Lanzarote when I was a teenager when Cahill was still with us and he came to a few games at Villa Park and got us some tickets in the players family area in the Trinity. Anyway after reading the paper reports this morning I spoke with him and he said, ‘ Yep pretty much a done deal, it could still fall through obviously but he said it was all pretty much done’. So we shall see.

That would be me. I’m not ITK by any stretch... I’m sure many could confirm that on here... I don’t do all that crap. But I’m friends with Gary’s cousin, met him on holiday in Lanzarote when I was a teenager when Cahill was still with us and he came to a few games at Villa Park and got us some tickets in the players family area in the Trinity. Anyway after reading the paper reports this morning I spoke with him and he said, ‘ Yep pretty much a done deal, it could still fall through obviously but he said it was all pretty much done’. So we shall see.

If it doesn’t happen now mate, you’re ruined! You’ll always be known as ‘The ITK who knew nothing!’ ???

Well after reading that I disagree with you.

You are a better than average itk !.

Happy days !

Phillips, Cahill, Mings and Maupay on the right deals, in the next month and we will be ready to have a crack at putting down the next course of bricks in the rebuild.

Staying in the Greed League with the amount of new faces we have will be an achievement IMO.

Phillips, Cahill, Mings and Maupay on the right deals, in the next month and we will be ready to have a crack at putting down the next course of bricks in the rebuild.
Staying in the Greed League with the amount of new faces we have will be an achievement IMO.

Like the sound of those 4 pal and agree that it’ll be an excellent start to the rebuild.
Reckon we’ll do better than just stay in the league though. If we bring in the players that we’re reported to be in for, then I see us comfortably mid table.