The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 59 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

I thought Jota was left footed ?
Apologies - I can get rather excited with all these rumours and the trend for playing everyone down the wrong flank. ?

Nevertheless, a couple of wingers (not really counting Green yet) does look thin.

Surprisingly, Wolves brought in nine after promotion last year. It might be similar at Villa, given the gaps in the squad.

Half a dozen of the Wolves recruits were regulars Patricio, Boly, Moutinho, Jota, Jimenez (a recent confirmed deal) and, more latterly, Dendoncker. The other three features occasionally.

Perhaps the use of loans gave the impression the squad had not changed much.

Surprisingly, Wolves brought in nine after promotion last year. It might be similar at Villa, given the gaps in the squad.

Yep That's why I've been banging on about needing 9 players , Wolves replaced Ruddy who was very good for them in the Championship , the lad Douglas was sold to Leeds etc.
No sentiment there about them deserving a chance, Nuno didn't feck about.

Seriously Wolves walked that league We didn't we scraped up so we do need 9 players. Despite what some think.

Yep That's why I've been banging on about needing 9 players , Wolves replaced Ruddy who was very good for them in the Championship , the lad Douglas was sold to Leeds etc.
No sentiment there about them deserving a chance, Nuno didn't feck about.

Seriously Wolves walked that league We didn't we scraped up so we do need 9 players. Despite what some think.

If Deano had had a full season and pre season with the side we finished with , then we would have won the league by further than the dogheads did.

Half a dozen of the Wolves recruits were regulars Patricio, Boly, Moutinho, Jota, Jimenez (a recent confirmed deal) and, more latterly, Dendoncker. The other three features occasionally.

Perhaps the use of loans gave the impression the squad had not changed much.

Yes but Boly, Jota, Bonatini were already there on loan. I’d suggest we need 5 or 6 without including Mings, Hause, El Ghazi

Yes but Boly, Jota, Bonatini were already there on loan. I’d suggest we need 5 or 6 without including Mings, Hause, El Ghazi

That was what I was referring to with the converted loans.

Yes, 9 could be the extent of it.

However more Goalies or right backs could make that figure tricky. I would rather aim for:- 1xLB, 3xCB, 1xDM, 3xLW/RW/AM & 1xST.

Jota, Hause, Mings and El Ghazi would leave 5 to find.

Apparently the Maxi Gomez thing comes from our Portugal/Spain scout, Juanfran, praising Maxi's qualities.
Could be a good move if he has someone else in mind and doesn't want to tip his hand.
As was earlier pointed out, there would be advantages of going for Maupay from Brentford. He's settled into British culture. He speaks the language. He's played under Smith before so knows his style. If we really are after Benrahma, he and Maupay already have a pretty decent understanding, which would make hitting the ground running easier.
Midfield wise I like Rongier's stats and utility abilities a lot, he's kind of the French version of SJM.
We are also being linked to DM Santamaria again.

Apparently the Maxi Gomez thing comes from our Portugal/Spain scout, Juanfran, praising Maxi's qualities.
Could be a good move if he has someone else in mind and doesn't want to tip his hand.
As was earlier pointed out, there would be advantages of going for Maupay from Brentford. He's settled into British culture. He speaks the language. He's played under Smith before so knows his style. If we really are after Benrahma, he and Maupay already have a pretty decent understanding, which would make hitting the ground running easier.
Midfield wise I like Rongier's stats and utility abilities a lot, he's kind of the French version of SJM.
We are also being linked to DM Santamaria again.

The owner of Gomez’s previous club in Uruguay made a comment that both Villa and Valencia had bid for him. He must have some sell on clause to be showing such keen interest

Charlie Austin been linked, I wish the birmingham click bait mail would just fuck off up its own arse, I mean because who else to be linked with Villa, an over hyped and over rated flop that certainly hasn't done anything special at Southampton in ex amount of years, more substance in the Maupay links.

The links to us being interested in Ashley Williams and/or that Japanese named Chelsea centreback who played for Derby are page fillers, I hope.
I think we have to meet Bournemouth's price for Mings.
That French centre back we were interested in under Bruce, Harold Moukoudi, will be moving to St. Etienne on July 1st on a free.
I still thing we should have a good look at John Soutar from Heart of Midlothian FC. He is young but, a full Scottish international, who prefers to play out from the back, so would fit into Smithy's style. He wouldn't really any time to settle into a culture change and he knows SJM really well.

Looks as if the El Ghazi deal is agreed at 9M Euros. Little surprised that it is reported as a four year contract.

What a signing Gomez would be. He’d come in as the number 1 striker, being paid a fortune and would become a fan favourite before he’s kicked a ball.

Spurs once signed Van der Vaart, Stoke signed Shaqiri, West Ham signed Teréz and Mascherano. They do happen... (although usually with us it’s just a link).

I can’t see it happening but we can all dream.

What a signing Gomez would be. He’d come in as the number 1 striker, being paid a fortune and would become a fan favourite before he’s kicked a ball.

Spurs once signed Van der Vaart, Stoke signed Shaqiri, West Ham signed Teréz and Mascherano. They do happen... (although usually with us it’s just a link).

I can’t see it happening but we can all dream.
Wouldn’t it be great though , I’d love us to smash our record and bring someone like that in , statement of intent , and it’s not my money ?

Lets be honest anyone of those sides could go straight down if Bournemouth and Burnley lost their managers they be gone . Brighton have so ....
We have to be more like Wolves than Brighton I hope
Wouldnt be entirely surprised if Wolves didnt start next season without Nuno still in charge. He has put himself right in the shop window with his promotion from the Championship and a great first season back up in the Prem.