The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Hearts have a young (22) right sided central defender who would fit into Dean Smiths style I believe. John Soutar.
Eintracht have Jetro Willems playing left-back/wing-back.
Soutar is a great shout and very much a Smith type of project for me.

Nope .

What do you expect to see Messi, Ronaldo?.

The Sydney opera house ?
The hanging gardens of babylon?
A herd of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plains ?
Believe it or not there are plenty of players that fall between championship and ballon d’or winners.

What a condescending post.

I think this Butland link is press tittle tattle. I can't believe for one second that Steer will get kicked out - he's been excellent since returning in January and Smith kept him in despite his own signing - Kalinic - returning to fitness.

I can't see us spending on a keeper at all, certainly not at the figures mentioned for Butland. He'll end up at Manure or Spuds maybe.

It might seem harsh but I wouldnt be surprised if we did sign a decent keeper. I have seen a couple of reports about Kalinic leaving this Summer either on loan or permanantly. I'd like to see Steer given a chance myself but we need another decent option if he isnt up to it

It might seem harsh but I wouldnt be surprised if we did sign a decent keeper. I have seen a couple of reports about Kalinic leaving this Summer either on loan or permanantly. I'd like to see Steer given a chance myself but we need another decent option if he isnt up to it
I think Steer is capable of the step up, but we'd be foolish not to improve in all areas of the pitch if the type of player we want is available at the right price. It's a business. The bottom line is we need the best players that we can get who will also fit into the way that the team plays.
We love these heroes of the season, and I especially banged the drum for Jed Steer, but at the end of the day, the premier league is a better level. More skill, more pace, better tactics. McGinn and Mings for example have been fantastic players for us this season, but will they be up to the same level in the premier league? Time will tell....

Nope .

What do you expect to see Messi, Ronaldo?.

The Sydney opera house ?
The hanging gardens of babylon?
A herd of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plains ?

Could rebuild VP on the lines of the Sydney Opera House, with the hanging gardens replacing the Holte. Wildebeest for half time entertainment.

Think big.

By the way, why have Youtube videos started to show as solid green for me?

Well could be but we haven't actually replaced anyone yet . I keep saying to myself clam down and see what happens .
I then look at what we have left and think by the time we have signed Mings, Hause, el Ghazi replaced Tammy and Axel we'll have no money left to replace the 8 released players :(

We have loads of money. That FFP fella reckoned we could spend £130m and still squeeze under the bar.

You might be disappointed with the lack of big names this summer but you have to respect Smith's choices.

Oh, and cheer up, mate. We are Aston Villa and we are back in the big time!

Well if we can spend 130m then great because we need to ,if we can shift out the likes of Elmo Taylor Hourihane Lansbury for decent money it might be 150m to spend . They'll walk away on a free next year after sitting on our bench anyway.
Forest might swap Lolley for one of those and cash or any other championship club who has ambitions of finishing top 6 . We know there are some good kids in the Championship we've been on the receiving end of a few .

Worse than I thought Lansbury and Taylor have 2 more years and I forgot Chester and Barney . Can't sell Chester as he won't pass any medicals so he has to stay

Well we've just let 8 go, plus lets assume Tuanzebe and Tammy don't return, plus Barney will most likely be sold.... that's 11 players on decent wages.

Around half of those hardly played, so you could argue numbers wise we don't need to bring 11 in, but spend the wages saved from those 11 on 5 or 6 quality signings instead, so we could certainly up the quality in the squad and be no worse off wage wise.

Wolves didn't have many big names last season and just firmed up the loan deals and managed to keep hold of Neves.
We will keep McGinn and Grealish and convert some of the loans - hopefully all.

A few decent signings will see us OK. Let's not forget that the standard for the top of the Championship and most of the PL except the Sky darlings is not much different and we can expect results against many of them and a few points against the big boys will see us be able to replicate what Wolves did.
The main thing is that Nuno went into the PL determined to play the same way as the style that got them there. Dean Smith will do the same and it won't be a case of starting with a point and holding on to it. Who knows - we could well be the surprise next season. Positive attitude is half the battle.

66/1 for a top 6 finish with BetVictor (50/1 everywhere else).

I might well throw £20 at that.

Below Citeh and Liverpool the rest of the Premier League is pretty crap and we already have 3 players that would probably get into Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Man United's teams.

If Leicester can win the damn thing then surely there's an outside chance we could sneak top 6?