The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Westwood is shit.

Burnleys player of the year. Big wow. We all know there is not alot of difference between top of championship and half of the premier league . Like Shania would say, that don't impress me much
It may be shit but he is on the recon website

On the Man City Netflix documentary, Kompany spoke with intellect and I thought was highly inspirational.

He’ll make a great in the future, it’s not often top players make good coaches - Roy Keane and Henry for example - but I think Kompany is more rounded. If JT decides to leave us to go onto to bigger things why not get him on our coaching setup?

Bale seems to have lost interest in football from what I've seen. Looks completely bored on the pitch. Whoever is stupid enough to take him off Madrids hands this summer will have a Sanchez style disaster with him.

It's being alleged that we have tabled a £7.5m offer to Luton Town for their defender James Justin. Apparently he can play RB or LB...... probably be needed for the LB slot as we have Gilbert for the RB slot.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-aston-villa-table-7-5m-bid-for-defender/

Seems that LB is his natural/main position.

Just a hunch - I wonder if Smith is contemplating wing backs next term. Tavernier is being linked again today. It might be a formation that better supports Grealish, who lightens the engine room when fielded with two wide men, despite all the creativity he undoubtedly offers.

If El Ghazi really does have Premier sides after him, I would not stand in his way - he ain’t that good. Chances are that his agent is just trying to crank up his terms. I wouldn’t chase him personally.

Mings and Hause would be my priority from the loanees pool. That said, if E G and Uncle Albert go, we are almost out of wingers.

Seems that LB is his natural/main position.

Just a hunch - I wonder if Smith is contemplating wing backs next term. Tavernier is being linked again today. It might be a formation that better supports Grealish, who lightens the engine room when fielded with two wide men, despite all the creativity he undoubtedly offers.

If El Ghazi really does have Premier sides after him, I would not stand in his way - he ain’t that good. Chances are that his agent is just trying to crank up his terms. I wouldn’t chase him personally.

Mings and Hause would be my priority from the loanees pool. That said, if E G and Uncle Albert go, we are almost out of wingers.

Playing wing backs scares me. It's easy to pull that defence apart.

You might be right though. We are heavy on full backs and light on wingers.

The best modern day full backs play almost like wing backs, with how much they need to get forward. I'm not sure it means Deano will be switching to to 352.

Playing wing backs scares me. It's easy to pull that defence apart.

You might be right though. We are heavy on full backs and light on wingers.

I am not convinced either from a defensive point of view because cross field balls can get behind the wing backs. However, I just wonder if Smith has looked at Wolves and might see that sort of formula working. That said, it goes against his historical preferences.

Just checked out James Justin's details. His primary position is LB, but he is right footed. He also can play RB or RW. An interesting combination.

Over the past season he had 43 League One appearances with 3 goals and 8 assists.

He turns 20 in July.