The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

If we can get Mings and Hause I'd be happy with that. Add Guilbert then along with a hopefully fully fit Chester the defence will be looking pretty decent to my eyes.

It'd the midfield that'll be the big problem. Jack will go. Jedinak and Whelan also. Lansbury will either go or be injured. Bjarnisson will want to go. Probably too much to hope that hourihane will bugger off. That leaves McGinn who might have attracted a few suitors himself. We're looking at trying to get in at least 4 midfielders and that's if the coaching staff decide that JDH, O'Hare and ramsey are good enough to play a part.

Out wide. I don't think we'll sign el ghazi permanently and I don't think we'll exercise the option to extend Adomahs contract by another year. That leaves us with Green as the only wide man with any 1st team experience. Blackett-Taylor may play some part but even so that 2 wingers we'll need.

Up top Tammy will go unfortunately. Hopefully Hogan too. I think kodjia as well but he might stay as he may well think he'll be the main man again. Probably need to get in at least 1 top (for this league) forward though.

Yes I’ve been waiting for this thread since last summer , Mings to sign on a 10 year contract, jack to decide he prefers the championship rather than the boring prem as do mginn axel and Abraham , then sign 9 quality players to help them out , that’s all I want really , is that too much to ask ?

I hope management have begun drafting a list of who we want come the summer so that we can move quickly. With about 15 players leaving and I assume a similar amount arriving that's a hell of a lot of churn.
We won't have time to fanny about this summer

I think we'll need to sell Jack to settle any ffp issues. I'm sure Mike would have a more detailed explanation but to the best of my understanding because he's an academy product whatever money we sell him for is classed as pure profit so it would possibly put us back in the black in terms of ffp. Please correct me of I'm wrong anyone?

If we keep Mings I'd make him captain. I suggested it a while back but apparently we're so blessed with natural captains that that can't be entertained. We wouldn't want to be considered tinpot.

If we keep Mings I'd make him captain. I suggested it a while back but apparently we're so blessed with natural captains that that can't be entertained. We wouldn't want to be considered tinpot.

Funnily enough I said that on the way back from the match yesterday. Especially with Hutton now out for a good while.

Are we going to be able to ask the same price for Jack as we did last Summer though. The fact he hasnt played since November or December isnt helping. We've also not done anywhere near as well this season, so he hasnt been in the limelight as much.

£20-25m is probably as good as we could get IMO. Last year some thought we may get £30-40m though - I thought it was unrealistic then, but we've no chance of that fee now

Yes I’ve been waiting for this thread since last summer , Mings to sign on a 10 year contract, jack to decide he prefers the championship rather than the boring prem as do mginn axel and Abraham , then sign 9 quality players to help them out , that’s all I want really , is that too much to ask ?

Glad to be of service Woody......

:tophat:

We'll also have a good few high wage earners leaving. Whelan, Jedinak, Elphick, Richards and Adomah are all likely to be on 30k+ a week.

Latest word is spurs , Arsenal and ManU are all interested in Grealish, I think we may get £25-30m as he's English and young. What we don't want is a protracted "is he, isn't he" process. I assume he will have to go so in the case of this get it done early

Cant see him joining a top team personally, if he does I feel it would ruin his career due to lack of game time. Would probably be better off joining a mid table PL team.