The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Only time will tell here.

I will only say Lille will probably lose their star Pepe, their other right winger, and were still happy to let El Ghazi go. Yes, DS might get a consistent tune out of him, but the key word here is consistent.

I understand the value of banking your best assets, but we have not been too discerning in the past.

Only time will tell here.

I will only say Lille will probably lose their star Pepe, their other right winger, and were still happy to let El Ghazi go. Yes, DS might get a consistent tune out of him, but the key word here is consistent.

I understand the value of banking your best assets, but we have not been too discerning in the past.

Lille don't have a choice as we had the option to sign him after his loan. If we start thinking anyone who any team is willing to sell is shite then where does that leave us.

I don’t think El Ghazi shite, but think he had a bit to prove.

Anyway fed up carping on about this one. Let’s move on.

I would probably have more confidence with longer deals if we were back as an established PL side. Statistically, we know we have a challenge ahead and cannot repeat the situation we created when we dropped into the Championship.

Mings, yes, would get a 4 year deal. El Ghazi would have more likely been a 3 year one for me. Bear in mind my first comment on this deal was ‘little surprised’. Comments need to be taken in context I would suggest - we are not in a world of black and white - that’s found further up north.

That is my last comment on this one.

If he has a good couple of years that extra year could see us ensure a big sell on. If he plays consistently to potential you are looking at a 60 million plus player

Jota got 2 years.. is that cause he crap?
Length usually is their bet on you. It's a sinister world football. The contracts are guess work on a players future that's unknown.
Anything less then 4 years shows something is a bit iffy

It's more to do with age mate, Jota will be 29/30 in two years, still with enough years in his legs to be sold for a profit.
El Ghazi will bee 30 in four years, as will Mings.
It's about selling players who are still in their prime years, although towards the end of that period.

It's more to do with age mate, Jota will be 29/30 in two years, still with enough years in his legs to be sold for a profit.
El Ghazi will bee 30 in four years, as will Mings.
It's about selling players who are still in their prime years, although towards the end of that period.

El Ghazi is 24.

Yup it's an age thing I agree.

El Ghazi already impressed so if he flops next year, the mere fact he can be counted as a Prem footballer pushes his price up (at least protects it). In the case of Jota on a shorter deal, the same applies as his fee is protected by adding Prem to his CV even if it doesn't work out.

If it works out fantastically well then next summer wouldn't surprise me to see another 1-2 yr extension quickly built in for him.

What Xia in the boardroom or Dack....for me he reminds me of Platt in terms of goalscoring and timing of entry into the box, but he's also racked up plenty of assists across the years as well.

I've been thinking I know some or in fact quite a lot are not happy with us being linked to the top championship players.

I've also heard many, me includes say that the top 6 or 8 teams in the championship would hold their own against the bottom 8 of the Premier league.

With the likes of Spurs and Man United bidding 40m for the best players at Bournemouth and Crystal Palace , it may start to look a better bet to bring in the likes Joe Lolley Bradley Dack Jarad Bowen Maupay etc

Don't forget the likes of Fabian Delph and Deli Ali ,Ashley Young and others were plying their trade in the lower leagues .

Would we really be any better off Paying £40m for Nathan Ake or that bloke at Palace that I still don't even remember his name ?. That's what we are faced with the top clubs raiding the bottom clubs for players for silly money at the moment

Contrasting opinions that most don't seem to notice mate, an excellent point.

It's the modern world we don't want the next Harry Kane or Dele Alli or Jack Grealish et al, we want to spunk 80million on some foreign bugger nobody has heard of because that means we're showing ambition.

Apparently.

Actually Bournemouth is a good point and I quite like Nathan Ake given his development. But 20-40m (it's the redtops) for him or 15-20 for Mings.

Mings twice a day and seven times on Sunday.

Both for 30m and I'd be interested.

But Ake is flavour of coming from Chelsea and it means shit in reality.

Actually Bournemouth is a good point and I quite like Nathan Ake given his development. But 20-40m (it's the redtops) for him or 15-20 for Mings.

Mings twice a day and seven times on Sunday.

Both for 30m and I'd be interested.

But Ake is flavour of coming from Chelsea and it means shit in reality.
Hi Mike I have just tried to post over on the womens football thread and getting message oops we ran into some trouble. Whats that all about.