The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Jota would not exactly be a signing to set the pulses racing, but would be an improvement on Albert and Gardner, and did show his best form under Dean.

They're fucked financially and we are digging them out of a hole with this one. Maybe Deano is just feeling sorry for them, so throwing them a lifeline

If it's 4m + Gardner, I'm looking at it another way.

His contract means £2m effectively as a return is good value, £4m for Jota is potentially undervalue for the Championship, so 6/12 months of Prem football will easily add 2-4m to his price tag even if he doesn't perform that well.

Easy profit - if he performs well it's an even better return.

Jota looks a one trick pony to me with very little end product. Still, if Deano thinks he can get a tune out of him I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.
Is this for real by the way?

They will buy players they believe Dean Smith can add value to and are of good character. I have complete faith in the current team which makes a very pleasant change.

Jota looks a one trick pony to me with very little end product. Still, if Deano thinks he can get a tune out of him I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.
Is this for real by the way?

I think it's true but nicking their second best player in return for a player we want out is a masterstroke .

Gary Gardner looked like he'd be a very good player till his 2 career threatening injuries but unfortunately since then he's rarely looked like he's able to control a ball without falling on his arse. I would have been happy getting 1m for him to he honest.

Jota isn't someone I'd have picked but I have total confidence in Dean Smith so if he thinks he can do a job for us that's good enough for me.

Wasn't Gardner one of the contracts mentioned that got a huge pay raise when we got promoted? If so, swapping him out for Jota (assuming he's making less money) seems good business, even if he's just a squad player

be odd if we're picking up tat from the equivalent of Poundland -
thought Gardner was considered one of their better players so they should be paying us ?

hopefully it's bollox and we've actually got Bernie Silvers from citeh instead

Joe Lolley and Jota look very similar players to me , difference being Forest want a reported 10m for Lolley

Jota might have been decent a few years ago but he’s probably lost a few brain cells since then having been forced to be with that lot for the last couple of seasons

11 assists in 33 starts not bad to be fair, especially if we can snap him up for only a couple of million. Gardner unfortunately doesn’t look like he has a future at villa park so not an issue giving him away as part of the deal

I assume (hope) he is coming in more as a squad player to replace Adomah, hope we have a bigger name on the shortlist to bring in at some point before the end of August