The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Every blues fan I know has an extremely low opinion of Jota. I doubt he's anywhere near the standard we need. I imagine this rumour is purely down to him being ex Brentford.

Wasn't he at Brentford with Smith? Squad player if he signs. In Deano we must trust. Plenty of Villa have gone to Blues, not many (if any) have had the honour of winning the lottery though.:utv:

Don't think they are exempt. But you have to have a clear cut case. Does McCormack train. Yes, apart from odd instances where he had an excuse. Is he unfit enough to not be able to play? No. Is he behaving in an unprofessional way? Difficult to say he is. After all, he twice went across the globe in order to play.

The fact that he doesn't or can't do enough to get picked isn't a good enough case. The manager has the choice, and chooses not to.

Likewise injuries. Richards has made the bench on a few occasions. So he can obviously train. Even if a player was crocked enough never to play again, then if that player retired he would be entitled to compensation, probably the remaining length of the player's contract (although club insurance might kick in there).

Richards’s contract is up at the end of June, so tat one can be put to bed.

If this Jota for Gardener swap is a weird one if true. Smith did get the best out of him at Brentford but that was 2 years ago and he's been poor for blues, though you could argue he's not the type of player to flourish in a team built to hack and slash the opposition. I can only think Smith sees him as a back up for Jack maybe?

Jota speculation has certainly kicked up. Talk of medicals, just can't tell if it's the internet catching up with itself or some real leak confirmation?

As for his spell back at Eibar, it was personal related and when he was sorted, he was quickly recalled. Smith loved him.

In Deano we trust. Let’s face it Jota’s an upgrade on Gardener & with Gardner getting a pay rise now we’re in the prem hes probably on less money

Who was the last player we signed directly from Blues? I know Sutton played for us the year after playing for them but when we signed him he was a free agent.