The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 235 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

I hope it works out that way.

But last season Abraham was our top scorer with 25, next was Kodjia with 9. Conor with 7 and Super Jack and John with 6 each. And that was in the Championship.

Unless the likes of Jota and Trezeguet are goal machines, it's still a concern.
Agree to a point, but if you look at the end of season run Tammy barley scored once Dean Smith had got them playing the right way... Under Bruce and the early days of Smith Tammy was the focal point of the attack (similar to the Benteke day’s), but once he’d imprinted his style of play, we were no longer reliant on a goal-scorer...

I know it's bloody confusing with all these new signings. I wouldn't recognise most of them if I walked past them tomorrow.
Funny you should say that. There I was in Minneapolis airport thinking “he’s a big bastard” about the fella sitting across from me. Turned out to be our new 22 million pound Brazilian.... :grinning:

Agree to a point, but if you look at the end of season run Tammy barley scored once Dean Smith had got them playing the right way... Under Bruce and the early days of Smith Tammy was the focal point of the attack (similar to the Benteke day’s), but once he’d imprinted his style of play, we were no longer reliant on a goal-scorer...

Good point.

I guess my main concern is injuries going with only 2 strikers (I'm sure Hogan is off and Davis should be out on loan). Just one more body in that role would do I think. From the sounds of it we're still busy in the market so let's see where we are come Thursday night.

I believe Brentford are playing hardball with Benrahma. They will want 20m + and totally rinsed us for Hogan. At some some point you have to walk away from a deal if it gets too rich.

Be interesting to know how Maupay and Webster feel being linked to the Mighty Aston Villa and then ending up at a shite hole club like Brighton!
I have to think that despite the price their clubs wanted for them if we really wanted them they would be at Villa Park. I don't buy into this bull that we've "missed out"

Be interesting to know how Maupay and Webster feel being linked to the Mighty Aston Villa and then ending up at a shite hole club like Brighton!
I have to think that despite the price their clubs wanted for them if we really wanted them they would be at Villa Park. I don't buy into this bull that we've "missed out"
I would suggest that they feel they are in the PL, paid substantially more than in the Chumps and in the shop window if they do well. I don't think most players have any affinity for the club that plays their wages (one or two notable exceptions - Mings, SJG are the obvious ones). TBF why would most of them care, they are foreign, probably supported a local club and/or Manure/Chelski as a kid.

I would suggest that they feel they are in the PL, paid substantially more than in the Chumps and in the shop window if they do well. I don't think most players have any affinity for the club that plays their wages (one or two notable exceptions - Mings, SJG are the obvious ones). TBF why would most of them care, they are foreign, probably supported a local club and/or Manure/Chelski as a kid.

I'd imagine once you get on silly money at a club it then becomes the norm so they must then think about the size of the club they're at.
I do think they'd choose Villa over Brighton unless they like the lifestyle down there

I'd imagine once you get on silly money at a club it then becomes the norm so they must then think about the size of the club they're at.
I do think they'd choose Villa over Brighton unless they like the lifestyle down there
I agree, which proves your second point - we weren't in for them.

As bizarre as it seems to fans, plenty of footballers see playing as a job. If they can earn more elsewhere, they will more often than not be interested in leaving or using it as leverage to get a pay rise with current club.

So, despite all the links we have had with Brentford players this window, we have only sign a 21yr old cb - probably as back up and one for the future.

Those journos have excelled again this window :clap:

So, despite all the links we have had with Brentford players this window, we have only sign a 21yr old cb - probably as back up and one for the future.

Those journos have excelled again this window :clap:

Saïd Benrahma seen hitching a lift up the M40 as we speak

We're being linked to Zapata and Marega again this morning. Seem to remember Marega being linked with half the PL a month or two ago. At least the Sturridge and Austin rumours have gone quiet

The lad from Red Bull Leipzig was linked to Everton in one of the January windows at £38m. I bet they are glad they missed that one