The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

We seem very quick to write certain players off and very quick to make others world beaters after just a few good games .
I suppose that's why all football fans not just Villans are so fickle .
I'm fully expecting a mass clear-out of all those over 21 who are nowhere near first team plus the over 30's while they still have some monetary value .

As for players coming in it really all does depend which league we are in .

I'm guessing here that if we are in the top flight our transfer record will be smashed a few times in the summer

If we go up, first player I would go for, and I think we would get him , would be Delph.

I would also take one of Butland, Pope or even Hart.

And if we lose Tammy, go and bring Christian home.

If we stay down, sell Jack,buy Lolley and use the rest to rebuild

If we go up, first player I would go for, and I think we would get him , would be Delph.

I would also take one of Butland, Pope or even Hart.

And if we lose Tammy, go and bring Christian home.

If we stay down, sell Jack,buy Lolley and use the rest to rebuild
No to Delph, he is too similar to Mcginn

I’d also say no to Benteke as he’s been shit for years

One player id look at is Danny Welbeck, he is a free transfer and if he keeps his fitness he is a decent premier league forward, capable of playing as a striker on the wing

I'd take Delph. He's far better at link up play than McGinn. McGinn needs to learn to find other players when he's charging forwards.
I see we have a Mc Parland back on the books again as our new chief scout, 57 years after the other one left, Hope he is as successful as the last one.

McGinn is a better player than Delph now.

I don't see the point in speculating on transfers until after next Monday if I 'm being honest.

Yeah but if I don't think about transfers then I'll have to actually think about the game which will then drive me mad so on that note I'd have Delph back. He'd be excellent with Mcginn and Jack.

Bournemouth signed a Bristol City left sided CH/FB for 13 Mill apparently

Hopefully we can get Mings sorted

Kelly, I assume. Makes sense with Daniels on his last legs. Add all this up does makes you wonder if this does pave the way for Mings to sign up with us permanently, as suggested. There have been reports of talks between the clubs.

With the door seemingly shut at left back and Mepham blocking Mings out in the centre, I reckon our odds of securing a deal are looking up. Add Hause in as well and we look pretty well placed defensively.

Delph? Benteke? Why not re-sign Westwood while we are at it? Perhaps Tony Moon could return to sort out the troublesome left back slot? :lol:

Well as Westwood has just won Burnleys player of the season, not a bad shout !.

He was / is far far better than he was given credit for, and the same people who abused him, now do the same with Hourihane.

Kelly, I assume. Makes sense with Daniels on his last legs. Add all this up does makes you wonder if this does pave the way for Mings to sign up with us permanently, as suggested. There have been reports of talks between the clubs.

With the door seemingly shut at left back and Mepham blocking Mings out in the centre, I reckon our odds of securing a deal are looking up. Add Hause in as well and we look pretty well placed defensively.
That signing does suggest the door is open for one of their defenders to leave. Mings always looks like he is enjoying his time here so hopefully we can sign him

Bournemouth signed a Bristol City left sided CH/FB for 13 Mill apparently

Hopefully we can get Mings sorted

Read some Bournemouth fans saying, with reference to Mings, that once a player drops out of favour with Howe he doesn't get a look in. If so we have a decent chance, maybe even if we don't go up. Howe might find the money useful.

I thought Westwood looked decent enough in his 1st season, especially towards the end where there was even talk of a possible England call up, along with Lowton. Then Lambert decided to swap him with Sylla and turn him into a defensive midfielder whilst having Sylla whose only asset was that he was a big lump who could get stuck in lumbered around further forward. After a few months of getting overran he lost whatever confidence he may once have had.