The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 91 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

180 goals in the next 450+ games? He's reached a level of consistent premier league goalscoring at an earlier age than Kane did and it won't be a struggle for Kane. Of course he could move abroad like all other young english players seem to be doing these days.

Only 4 strikers have played more than 450 games in the PL and they have all played 16 or 17 years to gain that many games only Rooney has hit 200 goals and he spent most of his career at Fergies Man united.

Bit harsh. How many if those in your top 20 scored 26 in a season?
To be fair, put any of Carew, Angel, Dublin, Benteke, Baros, Bent, Cascarino, Olney, Atkinson, Saunders, Collymore, Gray, Deehan, Geddis, Little, Shaw, Withe, Yorke, Milosevic, MacInally into the championship and they'd be very likely to score that many....

To be fair, put any of Carew, Angel, Dublin, Benteke, Baros, Bent, Cascarino, Olney, Atkinson, Saunders, Collymore, Gray, Deehan, Geddis, Little, Shaw, Withe, Yorke, Milosevic, MacInally into the championship and they'd be very likely to score that many....
Bloody hell gm thats a list to depress us all.
Shows how far weve dropped.

At 21?

He's an incredible professional and he has reached a consistent level earlier than most. I think he's on course judging on his current trajectory.
He hasn't reached 'consistency' at this level, he has had one decent season where he has scored 15 goals. He has to continue like that over a number of seasons to be considered consistent and as others have pointed out, there's only two strikers in the 200 club, it's a very rare accomplishment and one Abraham won't achieve.

Bit harsh. How many if those in your top 20 scored 26 in a season?

I don’t know V57s list but I imagine quite a few have scored 15 or more goals in top flight Div one and PL football, and might have attributes on top of 6 yard finishes.

Remember what you’re saying - that Tammy will easily get 200 PL goals, where only 2 of the very best strikers in PL history have managed this, and a good number in that list I posted above who have c 150 goals are also far better strikers. Your judgement looks flawed and very odd.

He got 15 last season so if you give him another full 10 seasons he still has to get on average 18.5 goals a season consistently for a decade!

If you can really see that happening, and easily, then it really does put your judgement of St Dean becoming a legend of a coach into some perspective 🤣

Can't argue he's reached 'consistency' yet, but you can use his spell at Swansea to suggest he's shown improvement and good PL promise for the future.

I think people are getting too bogged down with this arbitrary 200 goals figure. Tammy has the ability to come straight in and score goals for us - more goals than Samatta and Wesley would score. And on top of that he has potential to improve further in the future to be a really top player.