The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 83 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

is that 3 in 28 starts playing 90 mins or is that 3 in 28 coming on for the last 10 i wonder how many benteke had scored for belgium untill we bought him because unlike origi he hadnt scored in the prem
i think he would be a far better player than the two we spent 30 plus million on last season

No idea my friend, as said, know nothing about him, it is only press talk, but wondered if anyone knew owt positive or serious about him as to why he'd be a good arrival.

(Sometimes looks like a loaded question I know but it wasnt!LOL)

Whenever I've seen Origi play (which isn't that much, to be fair) he's impressed. Strong, skilful, energetic, and seems to have a bit of pace. That said, having good players around you always helps.

Whenever I've seen Origi play (which isn't that much, to be fair) he's impressed. Strong, skilful, energetic, and seems to have a bit of pace. That said, having good players around you always helps.

Was just going to say the same, also Liverpool fans think very highly of him, but there's no way he's getting in that team regularly.

If it's between him and Watkins, then Origi all day long. He has plenty of Premier League, European and international experience and is not even a year older than Watkins.

Got to be an improvement over what we've had this season
Famous last words TC.

I can see the logic in Watkins - £18m if he works out immediately great, if not he will probably come good later - there's potential value in it.

Eduardo - I don't know anything about him apart from what I've read here. I think it depends on what they are asking for. If we buy both and one comes good I'd be happy I guess.

Origi - if the £60m price tag is correct, we won't buy him and he's a Liverpool reserve. Therefore I'm out.

I'm happy to wait and see what happens before calling the club mediocre or indeed, believing the hype. I personally think we won't be pushing far up the table next season. I'm not getting my knickers in a twist over it either. We are where we are, years of mismanagement and it won't change over night. We'll probably talking about the same things next year :shrug:

i do hope were not going to waste another 100+ million on unproven championship and over seas players we need some proven quality or we will have another season fighting at the bottom
Like the £3m we gambled on John McGinn? Value and quality is out there, Southampton have been good at finding value, so we don't necessarily need to spend a fortune on a player that our rivals are happy to offload. I also think it's far too early to suggest we wasted £100m last year - although we definitely have had some spectacular fails. I'd prefer a mixture, some young for development and one or two senior pros in the mould of Milner.

Famous last words TC.
I'm happy to wait and see what happens before calling the club mediocre or indeed, believing the hype. I personally think we won't be pushing far up the table next season. I'm not getting my knickers in a twist over it either. We are where we are, years of mismanagement and it won't change over night. We'll probably talking about the same things next year :shrug:

Also think we may not be pushing far up the table. But if we're still fighting relegation that will be failure.

However, in a year's time I want us not to be talking about the same things. I want us to be confident about getting into the top half. I want us to be happy about the shape of the team. I want us to be able to see where we're going. In fact I want the last two by December.

Was just going to say the same, also Liverpool fans think very highly of him.

What makes you say that?

I had a quick look on Twitter yesterday and there seemed to be a 60-40 split.

60% saying he's shit and £30 million would be daylight robbery.

40% defending him by saying that's a very harsh way to talk about the man who's goals (against Barcelona in the semi and then spurs in the final) won them the Champions League.

However it seemed even the 40% defending him stopped short of calling him a good player, it was just all about those goals.

I'm not saying we shouldn't buy him, he's probably still better than what we have but he's still definitely a risk and doesn't appear to be the 15 goal a season man we're craving.

Some rumours (so worth taking with a pinch of salt) that we're close to signing Watkins with one or two of our players going the other way.

Villa are continuing a significant revamp of their scouting strategy with the appointment of former Leicester and Tottenham talent spotter Rob Mackenzie.

"Highly-rated Mackenzie is joining from Belgian club OH Leuven and will work alongside new sporting director Johan Lange as the club's head of recruitment."

"He was previously part of the Leicester scouting team which took the likes of Riyad Mahrez and Esteban Cambiasso to the King Power Stadium, while he also played a part in Tottenham’s capture of Son Heung-min and Toby Alderweireld."

ARTICLE: https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...ormer-leicester-and-tottenham-talent-spotter/

Some rumours (so worth taking with a pinch of salt) that we're close to signing Watkins with one or two of our players going the other way.
Who's off and how much extra are we paying them to take the bins out? Lansbury, Nyland, Taylor?

Villa are continuing a significant revamp of their scouting strategy with the appointment of former Leicester and Tottenham talent spotter Rob Mackenzie.

"Highly-rated Mackenzie is joining from Belgian club OH Leuven and will work alongside new sporting director Johan Lange as the club's head of recruitment."

"He was previously part of the Leicester scouting team which took the likes of Riyad Mahrez and Esteban Cambiasso to the King Power Stadium, while he also played a part in Tottenham’s capture of Son Heung-min and Toby Alderweireld."

ARTICLE: https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...ormer-leicester-and-tottenham-talent-spotter/
Quite the CV helping to build the Spurs and Leicester sides. Only thing worrying me was why he was working for a Belgian club in between us and then?

Ha ha he spotted Cambiasso at Inter when he was 33 years old ffs