The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 97 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

10 goals in like 31 games for Hogan last season in the Championship. No idea why Bournemouth would be interested, I just don't see it.

Journalists are at it again. Leeds, Villa, West Ham and Newcastle all linked with exactly the same players. He wasn't on anyone's radar and he's been in post for just over a week, so they haven't a clue who Lange will have pencilled in his notebook. Encouragingly, the owners have been making the right noises about developing the academy and planning for the future. It will be interesting to see the type of player they go for and more importantly, how determined they are to stump up the cash for their targets. Lange has a reputation for turning in a profit on cheap buys. I'm hoping for a few with EPL experience and a few wildcards. Just suppose I'll have to wait and see.

Is Edouard as good or better than Dembele was for Celtic?

Can't say he was a bad player, stands at 31 goals in 60 games for Lyon since he moved.

Edouard seems to be similar in stats, age and everything (including French U-21 goals) as Dembele was for Celtic.

Weghorst or Volland look good to me, but no doubt any link to a striker in the Bundesliga and some will be throwing around Joelinton and Hallers names as a reason we shouldn’t look there.

At least Suzo spent mediocre amounts on mediocre players. Bundesliga seems to be an expensive marketplace as they both cost in the region of £40 million and to be honest, they were no better than Wesley...Lewandowski's not too shabby though.. How much?

There was definitely something dodgy about Joelintons fee which every single person thought was ridiculously inflated. He's probably not helped by the fact that he's simply not the type of striker Newcastle seem to want him to be, a big strong target man who dominates in the air and holds it up. Haller I was genuinely surprised that he hasn't done better. He's had a few runs of good form but West ham are shit which probably hasn't helped.

Weighorst is definitely someone I'd be interested in at the right price. He's a proper unit and every time I've seen him play he's completely dominated in the air and for a bloke who is 6ft6 isn't slow either. I've a feeling that if we sign a really big money striker it'll be from Europe.

At least Suzo spent mediocre amounts on mediocre players. Bundesliga seems to be an expensive marketplace as they both cost in the region of £40 million and to be honest, they were no better than Wesley...Lewandowski's not too shabby though.. How much?

Joelinton had never been a consistent scorer though, he'd never even managed double figures in a season before, as JW mentions it was a massively inflated fee for him. Haller I think is a decent player, he was part of a free scoring 3 man front line at Frankfurt and Wet Spam have spent a fortune on him just to isolate him by himself up front. Sounds like something we would do.

Wasted 90 minutes of my day watching the Kilmarnock v Celtic game to look at Eduardo. Poor game no better than League one standard and he did nothing to stand out , so I learnt the sum total of nothing.

Before the game John Hartson said he was a £40 million plus player , but I saw nothing to back that up.
It's his name that is worth 40 mill :p

Joelinton had never been a consistent scorer though, he'd never even managed double figures in a season before, as JW mentions it was a massively inflated fee for him. Haller I think is a decent player, he was part of a free scoring 3 man front line at Frankfurt and Wet Spam have spent a fortune on him just to isolate him by himself up front. Sounds like something we would do.
Joelinton is one of those signings which need to be invested for corruption, he was never any good in Germany.

Wasted 90 minutes of my day watching the Kilmarnock v Celtic game to look at Eduardo. Poor game no better than League one standard and he did nothing to stand out , so I learnt the sum total of nothing.

Before the game John Hartson said he was a £40 million plus player , but I saw nothing to back that up.
He’s scored 49 in 60 in Scottish Prem, and 11 in 6 for France under 21s, and he came through the PSG youth system so can’t be all that bad, here’s hoping he had a bad day at the office.

Last edited:
Surprised we are not back in for Maupay considering the plaudits he had .

Not been mentioned at all yet in this thread which is odd bearing in mind how much praise he got last season .

Surely with the money and size of us he can be tempted away from Brighton.

Not been mentioned at all yet in this thread which is odd bearing in mind how much praise he got last season .

Brighton dont need to sell so would probably be asking double what they paid. He really isn't worth £40m+, did ok last season but wasn't outstanding.

Why on earth would Brighton sell him

Why on earth would Brighton sell him

Money talks. If we offered enough.

I don't want him. Didn't want him last season . But he was much talked about (normally when we lost and he scored for Brighton tbh) . Surprised he isn't being mentioned again by those who thought he would have fitted the bill last season.
Or are we aiming higher now?.