The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 96 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

I’d like someone who gets us excited for the season ahead, Wilson isn’t that, IMHO

It excites me if Hogan is involved in the swap! He’s reportedly on a £100kpw contact though... he’d be our highest earner by around 30kpw. Would he be our best player? Not by long shot... got to keep wages right if we’re thinking long term.

It excites me if Hogan is involved in the swap! He’s reportedly on a £100kpw contact though... he’d be our highest earner by around 30kpw. Would he be our best player? Not by long shot... got to keep wages right if we’re thinking long term.
I presume he’d have an automatic relegation clause cutting his wages down to a more reasonable level. It is crazy wages though £100k p/w for a striker who has only scored double figures once in 5 years.

Rumours are Tammy is pushing for a wage increase, £130k a week, in line with the likes of Hudson Odoi. If we think we are going to sign a quality striker from the PL, we’ll need to pay up. It’ll be someone from Europe IMO.

The arsenal goalkeeper might be a decent shout martinez he's come out saying he needs regular football and impressed in his little run went Leno got injured. Currently 27 and all so still young for a keeper

With Aston Villa consolidating their position in the Premier League as we avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth on the final day, there can't be a single fan out there who doesn't agree we need to significantly strengthen at the top of the pitch, and Liverpool's Divock Origi has become a firm favourite on the rumour mill this past week.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...er-encourages-villa-to-target-this-pl-winner/

Hopefully Craig Shakespeare will bring some useful ideas into how to develop our attacking game. We need it. Get that sorted and and Wilson could be a useful option. But I suspect there are better ones out there, somewhere.

Wilson for Hogan plus some cash could be good for both clubs, though.

Wonder if there's a few strikers kicking around the Bundesliga worth a punt on. With Lange in place I don't think we'll be looking at just UK based strikers.

Weghorst or Volland look good to me, but no doubt any link to a striker in the Bundesliga and some will be throwing around Joelinton and Hallers names as a reason we shouldn’t look there.

Weghorst or Volland look good to me, but no doubt any link to a striker in the Bundesliga and some will be throwing around Joelinton and Hallers names as a reason we shouldn’t look there.
Both worth a punt, Weghorst might fit better into the current system mind.

Both worth a punt, Weghorst might fit better into the current system mind.

Yes, Weghorst is a unit. Reminds me a little bit of Carew the way he plays. Volland is more versatile, we could pair him with someone like Watkins and they could switch positions

Wasted 90 minutes of my day watching the Kilmarnock v Celtic game to look at Eduardo. Poor game no better than League one standard and he did nothing to stand out , so I learnt the sum total of nothing.

Before the game John Hartson said he was a £40 million plus player , but I saw nothing to back that up.