The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 88 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

No. But we don't have to wait for everyone else to start before we do, do we. Some clubs needs are more than others. Ours are right up there.

The season still hasn’t finished yet. Europa and champions league are still going on. The transfer window is open until October and it’s notoriously slow when everyone is on holiday. Added to that we have only just appointed new sporting director and head of recruitment/scouting.

The season still hasn’t finished yet. Europa and champions league are still going on. The transfer window is open until October and it’s notoriously slow when everyone is on holiday. Added to that we have only just appointed new sporting director and head of recruitment/scouting.

Ah well, new head of recruiting, new scout, new sporting director, that's it then.

Holidays? were they off to then? I thought it was all social distancing.

Europa League, Champions League..... yesh, but when does the Premier League start?

Buying a player is like buying a house, there is going to be a chain of players involved unless of course, they are shite then their club will drive them there.
Watkins, for instance, will be on holiday and when he gets back and if Brentford are willing to sell they'ii want a replacement lined up as will the club that are supplying the replacement

Buying a player is like buying a house, there is going to be a chain of players involved unless of course, they are shite then their club will drive them there.
Watkins, for instance, will be on holiday and when he gets back and if Brentford are willing to sell they'ii want a replacement lined up as will the club that are supplying the replacement
They're getting Hogan as part of the deal, what more do they want?

Keep up 57, we bought Hause last season.

Adama had potential Luiz was obviously class, Wesley is a donkey, although I notice he is another one getting better the longer he is out, Turning circle of the QE11, ball control of a baby elephant on a beach ball and spends half the game on the floor moaning to the ref . I stand to be corrected

Don't get me wrong the man has a price but anything less than 18MM is too much of a loss. I don't dispute the moaning and flopping on the floor. The man is no Benteke but he also started out with the touch of a brick wall.

Now if you told me we had to sell him to get Tammy I'd let him go at any price.

According to the gossip in the press Chelsea are buying Kai Havertz from Leverkusen for £70m. If it happens Tammy drops further down the pecking order with Pulisic and Werner (and possibly Giroud) ahead of him.
Time to bring him back to Villa Park perhaps.

According to the gossip in the press Chelsea are buying Kai Havertz from Leverkusen for £70m. If it happens Tammy drops further down the pecking order with Pulisic and Werner (and possibly Giroud) ahead of him.
Time to bring him back to Villa Park perhaps.

I wouldn't say no at the right price but what is that price for the 4th choice Chelsea striker, Chelsea's valuation will be way above Villa's I suspect

Last edited:
I'm not sure people wanting him to be 3rd choice behind what will hopefully be 2 new centre forwards next season means people think he's Drogba all of a sudden. I think there's a few that reckon he's better than Samatta and Davis though.
Pepe Reina would do a better job than Samatta in fairness.

I'm not sure people wanting him to be 3rd choice behind what will hopefully be 2 new centre forwards next season means people think he's Drogba all of a sudden. I think there's a few that reckon he's better than Samatta and Davis though.
The mere fact that he ocassionally scores goals makes him better than either of them.

I don't think and have never thought Tammy was anything but a gangly version of Darren Bent, I may be wrong but he's no Drogba and never will be.
He's in the same position that Origi is at Liverpool ie never going to be the first choice in a team that wants to win Leagues and CL's. When the going gets serious they don't play and won't ever be good enough to.

Are they good enough for where we are? who knows

Abraham is better than Origi and was good enough for Chelsea this season. Its just pure Russian greed and ignorance that has forced Abraham out of the team. Dont forget, it's the same club that couldnt find a place for Salah, De Bruyne, Nathan Ake amongst others. If we have a chance to get Abraham we should take it.

Abraham is better than Origi and was good enough for Chelsea this season. Its just pure Russian greed and ignorance that has forced Abraham out of the team. Dont forget, it's the same club that couldnt find a place for Salah, De Bruyne, Nathan Ake amongst others. If we have a chance to get Abraham we should take it.

Ultimately he wasn't good enough for them and lost his place to Giroud, so shouldn't we be after him instead for a season or two.

Ultimately he wasn't good enough for them and lost his place to Giroud, so shouldn't we be after him instead for a season or two.
Abraham scored far more goals than Giroud this season. Not sure why Lampard preferred Giroud more in the last few games, but Abraham certainly didn't do much wrong.