The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Too many examples of this to quote but I would guess that the primary reason players move is generally because they believe they will win things.

Or they stay like Terry and Gerrard until they can't do it any more , Stevie g could have gone to Chelsea and won leagues but it wouldn't mean anything to him because it wasn't his club

I'd take Lallana but I'd say others will be interested. Two players I'd like us to look at are Bogle of Derby and Eze of QPR.

They're both England youth internationals playing really well in the Championship for mid table clubs. I've only seen them play six or seven times between them but I think they would both fit into the squad well as replacements for Elmo and Lansbury.

Anyone else seen them play? I want us to sign this kind of player though, young British players in form with a lot of hunger.

Eze tore us apart at VP a couple of years ago, think it was a few days after we spanked Wolves 4-1. Got the impression he was a bit inconsistent though, although that will often happen when they are young.

Eze tore us apart at VP a couple of years ago, think it was a few days after we spanked Wolves 4-1. Got the impression he was a bit inconsistent though, although that will often happen when they are young.

I remember that game as I'd never heard of him before he took us apart. He was just a teenager then as well. He'd be a brilliant back up for Jack.

My in law is a QPR fan so I keep my eye on them quite a bit for jokes. I’ve been dragged to the odd loftus road game in addition to the ones we played on rare occasions, and although he’s a talent I’m not convinced he’s consistent enough as someone else said to make it big. I think Rangers will cash in on him and I don’t blame them, it depends how much they value him I guess.

Or they stay like Terry and Gerrard until they can't do it any more , Stevie g could have gone to Chelsea and won leagues but it wouldn't mean anything to him because it wasn't his club

I'd be wary of Purslow though, he did some unsavory things at Liverpool and he will do it to us if it suits his interests. They might convince Jack to go.

I'd be wary of Purslow though, he did some unsavory things at Liverpool and he will do it to us if it suits his interests. They might convince Jack to go.

Why would they convince him to go? Money doesn't make sense. With Jack Grealish we have a much better chance of staying in the Premier league than without thus getting 100m+ a year in tv revenue. Sell him and we might cash in but have a much greater chance of going down.

Not sure if this is the right place but it looks like we have another great talent coming through
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ton-villa-academy-carney-chukwuemeka-17778789
I hope he doesn't end up like Nathan Delfonseou.

Oh and I thought I had heard that Jude Bellendham was the best 16 year old in the country😂

I'm happy to read those quotes from Purslow. It's an area where we haven't been successful over the past 20 years. It's good to see that being put right.

Why would they convince him to go? Money doesn't make sense. With Jack Grealish we have a much better chance of staying in the Premier league than without thus getting 100m+ a year in tv revenue. Sell him and we might cash in but have a much greater chance of going down.

I just worry if it comes to down to it they'd sell him even if Jack wanted to stay.

Drinkwater will not be offered a contract, I assume.
So we are going to need someone to play beside Nakamba in DM position.
Luis is not a DM type of player so I'd let him go back to City for the £15 mill plus the wages he's had.
I'd be looking at Santamaria of Angers, Toure of Nantes, or even Amadou of Seville as Drinkwaters replacement.

Like what Purslow said:
"Frankly, I’m going to be brutal, 22-year-olds playing in an under-23 team means your system isn’t working. It means your system has failed because 22-year-old footballers at Aston Villa need to be in the first team.
The ultimate goal is to populate the under-23 team with 11 outstanding 16, 17 and 18-year-olds, then I will know it’s working. "

Like what Purslow said:
"Frankly, I’m going to be brutal, 22-year-olds playing in an under-23 team means your system isn’t working. It means your system has failed because 22-year-old footballers at Aston Villa need to be in the first team.
The ultimate goal is to populate the under-23 team with 11 outstanding 16, 17 and 18-year-olds, then I will know it’s working. "

He’s got a point, if you’re playing under 23 footy at 22 then the highest level you’ll reach is Midland Combination.

And surprisingly it's nothing we haven't all been banging on about for years when it came to the second string and their real experience as they hit 22/23.

The aim should be by 17 you're in the Under 23s.

18 out on loan to Div 2. 19 Div 1. 20 Champ.

Solid experience by 21 (understandably with mixed success as they learn) but with proper games under their belts, then we have 1-2 years of wriggle room for late developers etc but they are either still out on loan or at least battling for our bench.

And with proper games under their belts by those ages, they actually have a sell on fee even if it's nominal, so we begin to cover our bottom line instead of letting everyone go as free agents after investing in them.

Who’s responsible for recruiting new players? Should the owners be looking to improve the current set up?
I’m not convinced we have it right at the moment.
Look at wolves for example, they seemed to have done a much better job then us.

Last edited: