The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

We're being linked with a bod named Alexander Sorloth. 24 year old Palace striker
on loan in Turkey. My guess, fake news.

We've been linked with a few players plying their trade in Turkey since we signed Trezeguet. Wouldn't surprise me if this one was a load of rubbish as well. How many times were we close to signing Vida in January?

Sorloth was a Palace flop......but his career in the right system might change that. I wouldn't welcome it though unless he was 3rd choice.

He's an interesting one. If I recall, he was bought by Palace when he was regularly scoring. He then wasn't really given much of a run from the start there and flopped; but leaves on loan and becomes a goalscorer again. So he clearly has talent, but once again it's about having the right fit with club/league/system.

He's an interesting one. If I recall, he was bought by Palace when he was regularly scoring. He then wasn't really given much of a run from the start there and flopped; but leaves on loan and becomes a goalscorer again. So he clearly has talent, but once again it's about having the right fit with club/league/system.
Yup that's the gamble. I also believe Palace tried to play him as a Benteke (big man) replacement and that isn't his game, he's more a second striker, drifting to me.

The lad definitely has something but I'm just not sure if he was held back more by Palace or whether he's someone just not suited to the Prem?

IF we could pick him up for about 4-6m it might be a gamble, if Palace want to break even on their 9m or into profit and I'd think we'd skip, even if we did have an interest.

Yup that's the gamble. I also believe Palace tried to play him as a Benteke (big man) replacement and that isn't his game, he's more a second striker, drifting to me.

The lad definitely has something but I'm just not sure if he was held back more by Palace or whether he's someone just not suited to the Prem?

IF we could pick him up for about 4-6m it might be a gamble, if Palace want to break even on their 9m or into profit and I'd think we'd skip, even if we did have an interest.

Sorloth is a couple of inches taller than Benteke if I recall correctly and he is primarily a centre forward. I think he can play on the wing too.
I think KAA have an option to buy him at the end of his loan, not sure about this but, I seem to recall he's on a two year loan. A strange loan period, probably why it stuck.

If we get relegated, something that I'd say is 50-50 at the moment, we must be ready for Grealish, Mings, McGinn and probably Wesley to definitely go, with one or two other possibles. Reina wouldn't want to stay and I doubt Heaton would stay.
So with any sense we should be looking at players to replace them.
Grealish, according to newspaper speculation, has already agreed a deal with Man U. That being true, maybe we could squeeze Tuanzebe out of them as part of any fee.
I think the natural replacement for Grealish would be Benrahma.
The natural replacement for McGinn, for me at any rate, would probably be Joe Lolley.
It would be difficult getting Sorloth as Wesley's replacement, as the club he's at, at the moment, are in Europe. So I'd suggest Matata of Mainz, who is an out and out centre forward or, Thuram of Munchengladbach, who can play all across the front line and creates as much as he scores.

Doesn't Joe Lolley play in a completely different position to McGinn? I thought Lolley was a winger/ inside forward?

If we get relegated, something that I'd say is 50-50 at the moment, we must be ready for Grealish, Mings, McGinn and probably Wesley to definitely go, with one or two other possibles. Reina wouldn't want to stay and I doubt Heaton would stay.
So with any sense we should be looking at players to replace them.
Grealish, according to newspaper speculation, has already agreed a deal with Man U. That being true, maybe we could squeeze Tuanzebe out of them as part of any fee.
I think the natural replacement for Grealish would be Benrahma.
The natural replacement for McGinn, for me at any rate, would probably be Joe Lolley.
It would be difficult getting Sorloth as Wesley's replacement, as the club he's at, at the moment, are in Europe. So I'd suggest Matata of Mainz, who is an out and out centre forward or, Thuram of Munchengladbach, who can play all across the front line and creates as much as he scores.

Just to be clear. Super Jack won't be going to Man Utd.

How come nobody has suggested getting Scott Hogan back from Brum now hes a super star.

It's been almost traditional that most players choose the wrong club when they move.
I remember when Charlie Nicholas moved from Celtic to Arsenal, I was one of many who said it was the wrong club for him.
The clubs played in completely different ways.
Celtic were a more open attacking side, while Arsenal were built on a solid defence and won most of their games 1-0.
In that Celtic side Charlie was the one who got every fan expecting great things when he was on the ball.
At Arsenal it was like all the exuberance was coached out of him.
Christian Benteke is another, he went to Liverpool at the wrong time, a time when they couldn't, or wouldn't play to his strengths.
We've done the same several times, bought a player doing great, then find out he doesn't fit into our system and we're not prepared to change slightly to accommodate them.

It's been almost traditional that most players choose the wrong club when they move.
I remember when Charlie Nicholas moved from Celtic to Arsenal, I was one of many who said it was the wrong club for him.
The clubs played in completely different ways.
Celtic were a more open attacking side, while Arsenal were built on a solid defence and won most of their games 1-0.
In that Celtic side Charlie was the one who got every fan expecting great things when he was on the ball.
At Arsenal it was like all the exuberance was coached out of him.
Christian Benteke is another, he went to Liverpool at the wrong time, a time when they couldn't, or wouldn't play to his strengths.
We've done the same several times, bought a player doing great, then find out he doesn't fit into our system and we're not prepared to change slightly to accommodate them.
Too many examples of this to quote but I would guess that the primary reason players move is generally because they believe they will win things.