The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 114 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Brighton have taken players we wanted last season and won't sell a kid to Leeds for 20m, Newcastle I see as the worst team I saw last season and I really don't rate Sheffield's players as individuals they are a proper team effort

I agree Sheffield can't resist any offer and Neither can Burnley but most clubs have billionaire owners if you check them out

For Maupay, didn't we have our hands tied with FFP - so couldn't offer as much as Brighton for him? I think in a straight race, we'd be more favourable than Brighton.

For Maupay, didn't we have our hands tied with FFP - so couldn't offer as much as Brighton for him? I think in a straight race, we'd be more favourable than Brighton.

No, we didn't think he was worth that much or indeed Webster and they wanted 29m for Lewis Dunk allegedly, I don't think they'll be raided on the cheap.
Not that ant PL will be but if we want the experience they won't come cheap.

Brighton have taken players we wanted last season and won't sell a kid to Leeds for 20m, Newcastle I see as the worst team I saw last season and I really don't rate Sheffield's players as individuals they are a proper team effort

I agree Sheffield can't resist any offer and Neither can Burnley but most clubs have billionaire owners if you check them out
We are simply not in a position to “bully” any premier league clubs. Every club has tonnes of cash even without billionaire owners or match day income, the TV revenue and sponsorship brings in £150m a year for some clubs way more so you have to come up with an extraordinary offer to tempt clubs to sell their best players.

Spuds are looking to loan out Ryan Sessegnon.

He looked fantastic a couple of seasons ago.

I was impressed by him back then and would have loved for him to be here, however, I realized that we are not good at improving players, in fact, we turn them to shit.

We are simply not in a position to “bully” any premier league clubs. Every club has tonnes of cash even without billionaire owners or match day income, the TV revenue and sponsorship brings in £150m a year for some clubs way more so you have to come up with an extraordinary offer to tempt clubs to sell their best players.

You say that but some clubs furloughed staff, they aren't all that flush Bournemouth were allegedly paying a few players 100k a week and now they are down. Do you think Burnley would say no to 25m for Tarkowski bearing in mind Ake went for 40?

furlough though is because they are greedy bastards and want govt handouts
(like the dippers)
Burnley make a profit (esp when they've finished top ten) - they don't need to sell unless it suits them.

(if £25 Mill is enough for Tarkowski we should snap him up)

if he cant get a game at spurs why would we want there cast offs we ned players that are doing now not not ones that did it a few years back
may as well get rooney and the likes

No, we didn't think he was worth that much or indeed Webster and they wanted 29m for Lewis Dunk allegedly, I don't think they'll be raided on the cheap.
Not that ant PL will be but if we want the experience they won't come cheap.
More like our hands were tied because we chose to sign Wesley over him.