The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Steve Bruce seems to be splitting opinions but it looks like the majority are in favour?

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7521607">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

... would be the best news we have had for many year. Anyone who decided in their tiny mind that Steve Bruce would be a bad move because he once managed Birmingham City better take a look around Birmingham. Currently Blues have double our point tally after only 11games.
Gone are the days I used to celebrate St Andrews Day, (that day when no matter if Blues won all their games they could not overtake us in the league) more often they got relegated anyway! We are currently joint bottom Midlands Club in the Championship, we are not even in the same division as West Bromich Tallibhan.

Lord Ron Saunders when he left Aston Villa went to manage Birmingham City, our greatest manager in the last 58 of my years went to Small Heath.....

Do you hear supporters singing Ron Saunders is a Bluenose?
Niglel Spink worked at Blues and its a possibility he would return with Bruce as goalkeeping coach... Having a legend like Spink back at the club would be fantastic, would he get slated for working as a coach at Blues?

This thing where some Villa supporters think anyone once employed over the road cant work here is a load of bollocks. Lots and lots of players, coaching staff and managers have over the years transferred between the two clubs.

IF SOME SUPPORTERS THINK THAT THE APPOINTMEN OF BRUCE SHOULD NOT HAPPEN BEAUSE HE ONCE MANAGED BLUES THEN THEY SHOULD LOOK AT ASTON VILLA, WAKE THE FUCK UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE. BRUCE IS ONE OF THE FEW MANAGERS QUALIFIED TO TAK VILLA BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS. (and I don't mean the third division)

Did no one notice Hull City slide into the Premiership last season?
Hull playing European football?

Currently we are not in the same league as Hull City, it pains me to say that.

If Steve Bruce is appointed as manager then any previous employment at the Sty was a very small part of what is without doubt the CV of a great player and what will become a great (England on day) manager.

This whole thing about having been at the scum seems a bit of a none issue. People like Pat Murphy are making something out of nothing to grab a headline.

Most people criticising Bruce (not me, from the pool of managers we might realistically attract I think he's the least bad) seem to think he's shit/fat/an alcoholic etc - haven't spotted anybody saying his connection to the kiddy fiddlers is a deal breaker.

As many have said on here in the last few days, the big problem with mcleish was not the ex-scum thing, but more the perception that his football was dour and horrible to watch. I'd take some dull, solid clean sheets right now though.

I'm ok with Bruce too. Blues got the better of us a few times under him. He's also never been at a club with money so his potential has never been tested.

Agree Col - as much as I despise the cave people from the other side of town the best interests of Aston Villa Football Club come first and foremost and most certainly I would not see Bruce as an ex manager from the sty, just a guy trying to get us back to the Premier League.

People said this Championship spell would be fun but personally I hate the bloody thing with small and petty minded fans of other teams and almost zero TV coverage.

I pray we can start beating these teams and get back some of that swagger we enjoyed in those Division 3 days as we took over towns on tour.

If it's to be Bruce then he has my very best wishes because a successful Steve Bruce obliviously means a successful Aston Villa.

Completely agree with all of that, I couldnt care less who he has managed previously, its all about what he can do for Villa. Besides which Bruce did build the best team Blues have had since the mid 70's so he must be some kind of genius.

I could not care less if Bruce once managed the blues if he is the right man for the job and he can turn the team around good luck to him, would we be so worried if we signed a decent player from any of our local rivals?

Of the names we are being/have been linked with, well, he is at the top. But please don't mention Ron Saunders in the same breath who as we all know is the greatest manager any of us has ever seen or probably will ever see. Nigel Spink, Ron Saunders had become Villa legends before they crossed the city so why is that an issue. I am just trying to point out that coming the other way is slightly different. I trust that if Bruce does come, his entourage will not include any recent caretakers.

Some seem obsessed with Villa / Blues though. Seen plenty calling him a blue nose and some on facebook / twitter saying you can't have an ex Blues manager.

So for all those that say they don't care, there are people who strangely do.

I say strangely because he walked out on them. I also believe he got them to the highest position they have ever been (?) 10th. That was with sod all money.

I wonder what he could do with money and the players we have.

i got this from wiki:

"Birmingham made a slow start to the 2006–07 season in the Championship and, after a 1–0 defeat at home to Norwich City, the team's fifth consecutive match without a win, there were calls from fans and local journalists for the manager to be sacked. Bruce publicly accepted responsibility for the team's poor run and admitted that he feared for his job, but the team responded with a 1–0 victory over Derby County, and then recorded a further five consecutive league victories to be joint leaders of the league table by late November"

He made some pretty shrewd signings when he was with them, for example when dugarry came in he was quite a revelation. Pretty sure he left around the time that Carson yeung came in with there being uncertainty around his position where he left for Wigan. I've met him before up Wast Hills (Small Heath training ground which I live right next to) and he's a nice bloke, the Dr. needs to act fast and get him in.

I don't like the way this seems to be dragging on. I know it's only been a few days but you would have thought that they would have had someone in mind, or someone sounded out as the dismissal took place.
Maybe he doesn't like the structure. Maybe he's holding out for the England role? Maybe maybe maybe...

My biggest worry is that after all this talk of who do we want and will he come and will we accept him - we go for the safe, easy option of Steve Clarke.

Since betting has been suspended on Steve Bruce, it might be time to ask our resident poet-limerick master tmg513 to see if he can revise the dr tony/RDM song. Luckily, Ford Mondeo rhymes with Potato.

tmg513, are you up to it?

VATGR - 7/10/2016 02:51

Since betting has been suspended on Steve Bruce, it might be time to ask our resident poet-limerick master tmg513 to see if he can revise the dr tony/RDM song. Luckily, Ford Mondeo rhymes with Potato.

tmg513, are you up to it?

May I interject.

Dr Tony went to knowle in a Ford mondeo. Brought us back a manager who looks like a potato.

col8 - 6/10/2016 20:27

... would be the best news we have had for many year. Anyone who decided in their tiny mind that Steve Bruce would be a bad move because he once managed Birmingham City better take a look around Birmingham. Currently Blues have double our point tally after only 11games.
Gone are the days I used to celebrate St Andrews Day, (that day when no matter if Blues won all their games they could not overtake us in the league) more often they got relegated anyway! We are currently joint bottom Midlands Club in the Championship, we are not even in the same division as West Bromich Tallibhan.

Lord Ron Saunders when he left Aston Villa went to manage Birmingham City, our greatest manager in the last 58 of my years went to Small Heath.....

Do you hear supporters singing Ron Saunders is a Bluenose?
Niglel Spink worked at Blues and its a possibility he would return with Bruce as goalkeeping coach... Having a legend like Spink back at the club would be fantastic, would he get slated for working as a coach at Blues?

This thing where some Villa supporters think anyone once employed over the road cant work here is a load of bollocks. Lots and lots of players, coaching staff and managers have over the years transferred between the two clubs.

IF SOME SUPPORTERS THINK THAT THE APPOINTMEN OF BRUCE SHOULD NOT HAPPEN BEAUSE HE ONCE MANAGED BLUES THEN THEY SHOULD LOOK AT ASTON VILLA, WAKE THE FUCK UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE. BRUCE IS ONE OF THE FEW MANAGERS QUALIFIED TO TAK VILLA BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS. (and I don't mean the third division)

Did no one notice Hull City slide into the Premiership last season?
Hull playing European football?

Currently we are not in the same league as Hull City, it pains me to say that.

If Steve Bruce is appointed as manager then any previous employment at the Sty was a very small part of what is without doubt the CV of a great player and what will become a great (England on day) manager.

I love the passion, Col. It's obvious how much you love the Villa.

Still, I think there is something you haven't considered. Did you know that Steve Bruce is a nose?

It seems to be a bit of a secret but he was manager there for quite a few years. He did pretty well too.

After McLeish, I think we should steer clear of noses.

Dr tone went to knowle in a Ford mondeo, brought us back a manager, who looks like a troll. Close enough

Dr Tony went to (wherever the hell Bruce lives) in a ford Mondeo, brought us back a manager, Brucey the potato.

What a mucking fess. Bruce is not a long term solution, his past results, if I am reading his stats in the Birmingham Mail website are correct, show his record as winning slightly more games than losing, not exactly what we want. He might and only might get us winning a few games but will run out of steam before too long. For me Brucie is past his best as a long term manager.