The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 200 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

Without wishing to sound too harsh Tsibola has done nothing for us and has shw barely anything that suggests he is a championship standard player.

And to think we paid £5 million for him.

Tshibola has nothing to do with the issues around Bruce, and being out on loan is probably the best thing for him. But it's fair enough pointing out that he never had a chance under Bruce.

Me, I've always thought he had something, and it's good that it's coming right for him.

We have 2 week break after Bristol.C, Preston and Millwall. These are huge games for us and Steve Bruce. 3 points or less and i'd guess its thank you and farewell.

Wow. SB was going to fight it out (loyalty) before we knew the rich boys would ride into town. We’ve bought/loaned some TOP players. We’ve had some dodgy results vs time given for all of this early season takeover/transfer madness to elapse, and typical minority fans are going mental. No class for lads to be waving goodbye to SB, 3 or 4 more games please before we load the bullets.

We beat Wolves on 10/3/18. Since then we have played 22 League and playoff games. W8 D6 L8 and put in exactly 0 exciting, dominant performances worthy of a team challenging for promotion. We have seen no signs that form is likely to improve and no effective, recognisable style to the way we play. We have a totally unbalanced squad incorporating a defence with limited options that leaks like a colander.

As far as many are concerned, this is why change is required.

Last edited:
We beat Wolves on 10/3/18. Since then we have played 22 League and playoff games. W8 D6 L8 and put in exactly 0 exciting, dominant performances worthy of a team challenging for promotion. We have seen no signs that form is likely to improve and no effective, recognisable style to the way we play. We have a totally unbalanced squad.

As far as many are concerned, this is why change is required.
Before we thumped wolves, did we have a recognised style of play? Did it concern you when we arrived at Wembley at 3pm?

That is not a serious reply surely??

Yes, Bruce knew he was not good enough for us so by just keeping us up without the stars he thought it would make him a hero. He always seemed dead keen to get rid of Jack in particular, even stating figures we would accept until the new owners took over and shut him up.

Before we thumped wolves, did we have a recognised style of play? Did it concern you when we arrived at Wembley at 3pm?

Let me clarify slightly, yes we did have a style. Two wingers, balls into the box, see what happens. Old fashioned percentage football. One dimensional, easily negated and tedious to watch. My Sunday league team used to be more sophisticated.

Damn right it concerned me when we arrived at Wembley and judging by the outcome, rightly so. If you are content with watching the insipid fare served up by the current manager, so be it. This is Aston Villa not Birmingham City and quite frankly it ain't good enough as far as I am concerned.

Those are two painful points to make because of the capitulation of the side after we destroyed Wolves and I know I was not the only one who was fearful of Fulham. It was blind hope that had me thinking we'd beat Fulham.

Its taken a long time but the only thing that will save him now is to win the next 3 games in a row.

Wow. SB was going to fight it out (loyalty) before we knew the rich boys would ride into town. We’ve bought/loaned some TOP players. We’ve had some dodgy results vs time given for all of this early season takeover/transfer madness to elapse, and typical minority fans are going mental. No class for lads to be waving goodbye to SB, 3 or 4 more games please before we load the bullets.
Nothing to do with loyalty. He is on such a good wage why would he walk away?
He just loved the hype with the will he wont he.
And the way he has been so negative with us and Sunderland, he knows a big club will never touch him again.
He should of been kicked out before the international break us minority felt.
Every morning I check in with the BM a prey it's over now.
3 or 4 games could see us way off the pace.

I think Bruce has a style of play I saw it at blues, Hull and Sunderland its called dower,which is why I never wanted him as manager in the first place. But to be fair there are some good posters on here who have given him their total support but even those have now run out of patience. Its been acknowledged by many myself included that Bruce has done a good job turning the club around and is a decent man.
I was more than willing to give him more time this season but he has for some strange reason decided to persist with Jedinak at CB when even the most resolute Bruce fan thinks it is a huge mistake very strange for a man who played CB that his lack of attention to that position during the transfer window could well cost him his job because the extra points he may have gained with a proper CB in place could have made all the difference to our place in the table and his position as manager.Turning on the players and fans as he has in the last few weeks is hardly going to endear him to those he needs most.