The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 199 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

I'll be a little sad if this turns nasty.

I do like Bruce. Always have done, but it's just not working. The play is very one dimensional and he's not getting the best out of a bunch of very good players. His persistance with Jedi at CB is baffling, especially when Tuanzebe has done so well in the chances he's been given.

As much as I like him though, to suggest the Birmingham link has anything to do with it is complete and utter bollocks. I think I only know of 1 person who had an issue with it when he arrived. 99.9% of fans don;t care about the Blues link, so it's a bit of a low shot to bring that up now just coz he's being criticised for poor results and performances.

I'll be a little sad if this turns nasty.

I do like Bruce. Always have done, but it's just not working. The play is very one dimensional and he's not getting the best out of a bunch of very good players. His persistance with Jedi at CB is baffling, especially when Tuanzebe has done so well in the chances he's been given.

As much as I like him though, to suggest the Birmingham link has anything to do with it is complete and utter bollocks. I think I only know of 1 person who had an issue with it when he arrived. 99.9% of fans don;t care about the Blues link, so it's a bit of a low shot to bring that up now just coz he's being criticised for poor results and performances.

Yes and it's like some using the fact that Tshibola is the next coming because he played for a Kilmarnock side that beat Celtic yesterday and the fact that he has never done anything for us is Bruce's fault.

Yes and it's like some using the fact that Tshibola is the next coming because he played for a Kilmarnock side that beat Celtic yesterday and the fact that he has never done anything for us is Bruce's fault.
I think it is more about Tsibola being thrown on the scrap heap by Bruce, and yet there may be a player in there if nurtured correctly.

Let's agree that Bruce doesn't appear to take the time to nurture any player that doesn't "put their boots on". Rightly or wrongly, Bruce appears to give up on players that don't fit his mold.

I think it is more about Tsibola being thrown on the scrap heap by Bruce, and yet there may be a player in there if nurtured correctly.

Let's agree that Bruce doesn't appear to take the time to nurture any player that doesn't "put their boots on". Rightly or wrongly, Bruce appears to give up on players that don't fit his mold.

Without wishing to sound too harsh Tsibola has done nothing for us and has shw barely anything that suggests he is a championship standard player.

And to think we paid £5 million for him.

Without wishing to sound too harsh Tsibola has done nothing for us and has shw barely anything that suggests he is a championship standard player.

And to think we paid £5 million for him.
Agreed, but the fact that he, among others Bruce has discarded could contribute if given the right environment has cost us any potential value in the player. I'm not suggesting it is as black and white as Tsibola is good enough or not, but has Bruce improved any of our players during his reign - even Grealish has regressed this season.

I have never been a Bruce champion, but like everyone, he has his good and bad points. I have commented that he is able to attract good players like John Terry to the club, but throwing away millions of pounds of assets along the way is to his detriment.

I know you like him, and wanted him, but no one is suggesting that Tsibola was some kind of saviour, just that another coach might have been able to get more out of him and retain some of his value.

I was in the Holte Suite on Saturday and there were 4 Villa greats doing a book signing, Dennis Mortimer, Gordon Cowans, Des Bremner and Tony Morley. Assuming they stayed to watch the game, or should I say debacle, how ashamed/embarrassed they must have been to have witnessed that! They probably couldn't do any worse if they had put some boots on!!!

Agreed, but the fact that he, among others Bruce has discarded could contribute if given the right environment has cost us any potential value in the player. I'm not suggesting it is as black and white as Tsibola is good enough or not, but has Bruce improved any of our players during his reign - even Grealish has regressed this season.

I have never been a Bruce champion, but like everyone, he has his good and bad points. I have commented that he is able to attract good players like John Terry to the club, but throwing away millions of pounds of assets along the way is to his detriment.

I know you like him, and wanted him, but no one is suggesting that Tsibola was some kind of saviour, just that another coach might have been able to get more out of him and retain some of his value.

I have called for a change a few times lately , like you say the players are regressing and I see no signs of it being turned around.

I wish Bruce would resign as I don't like to see anyone suffering the stick that he is getting at the moment.

Have wanted Bruce gone since that crap at Wembley but I have always thought he was a decent bloke and would never want him to suffer abuse. But I'm afraid he is on a collision course with the fans which is all his own doing for his snide remarks aimed at the fans which are beginning to piss me off a bit after all the miles I travel each season the time I put in to follow the Villa and the money it costs runs into the thousands each year. Only to be treated like some imbecile of low IQ for daring to criticise shit football and results I feel it's a bit rich coming from a manager who clearly hasn't a clue what he is doing so please either leave or the powers that be relieve him of his duties before things turn really nasty and he loses the last bit of credibility he has left.

Owners are very quiet , not giving him the "vote of confidence " yet.

Shame we have to lose to get rid of him but it will happen

The more I look at the league table and listen to Bruce's rhetoric, I don't think that the owners (newly arrived and inexperienced in Villa politics) will act at the moment. I fear that they may let the season play out until the transfer window opens again. God only knows where that would see us given the up and coming run of fixtures.

It would be very interesting to hear Sir Brian's view and counsel on this. Surely he can see what we see and is able to relay the poor level of performance?

Unfortunately, it may take more defeats, diminishing attendances and increased fan unrest before any change is made.

I have called for a change a few times lately , like you say the players are regressing and I see no signs of it being turned around.

I wish Bruce would resign as I don't like to see anyone suffering the stick that he is getting at the moment.
Yep, but the end is usually undignified as the manager will not walk because of the compensation available.

The owners cannot be ruled by the mob, but usually they leave a decision until we are baying for blood and the position is no longer tenable. Most unsavoury all round, but it is and always has been the nature of football. I wish for an ordered transition within the next couple of weeks but that depends on many variables. Funnily I can see a hard fought draw at Bristol - as Bruce tends to deliver when his back is against the wall.

Or using the news of Grealish’s new contract to hide behind. A bit of decent news to bury the crap performances.

The silence has been deafening from the new ceo and owners, they must be planning for change and hopefully Jack grealish is the first bit of good news this week. ?
No problem sacking bruce,we all make mistakes and his balls up with the central defensive situation was shocking at professional level.his insistence on playing jack wide left is a waste of the boys ability, forcing jack to check back on his right foot all too often,if jack goes on the outside his left foot let's him down.the owls sussed jedinaks lack of pace and yet another player struggled out of position.surely a simple midfield diamond would suit our team with jack forward, Connor and the new Messi with any one of Barney, Whelan or jedinak aiding our less than watertight defence

The owners probably won't act until they think they can see where it's taking us. Maybe they already can. Maybe it needs a DoF in place and a few other things before they think they've got it right. Maybe they've identified a potential manager but he's not yet available. Maybe they're not yet convinced that change is needed, although I doubt if they're wholly taken in by Bruce's excuses. How long is a piece of string?

Can't help remembering the number of times when it's got the stage when I'v thought Bruce must be going, and it hasn't happened :-(

Our biggest risk is keeping Bruce.

He's lost the fans, lost the players and lost the plot.

Agree. Hate this talk of "stability" under Bruce when there is nothing stable about losing the fans and the players. If change is for the better it's nothing to be afraid of and if the powers that be can't do better than Bruce then they aren't good enough either,.

The turnover of players and his inability to get anything like their potential out of most of them is very much Bruces fault.

Think he's taking us backwards at this point

Correct and he can't claim it's a one off either because he did the very same thing at Sunderland. Bruce is just Bruce, his pals in the media seem to think he's great but they aren't the ones paying to watch it.