The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 191 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

Villa expectedly beat Rotherham then rather than build on that and move forward in an attempt to regain the fans he has lost Steve Bruce last night further alienates them by criticising any fans who dare to criticise him with more digs like........

"The most intelligent people will see through all the nonsense."

“But a little bit of common sense is needed because unfortunately, it filters through to the mad few."

Hopefully it shuts a few of them up but I doubt it.”

Now It was Rotherham we beat last night wasn't it or was it Real Madrid Steve!?

Well as one of the "mad ones" and obviously not "intelligent" I'm sorry I got it so wrong Steve and I have dared to fairly and constructively criticise you although I agree with others there is no need for personal insults.

The strange thing is though you have directed exactly the same words at every club's fans you have worked at so perhaps we are all thick and blind.

Personally, I can't wait to see the back of him and nothing much will change soon at Villa Park until that happens.

Whatever happens, he certainly doesn't make life any easier for himself with his ill-advised public comments and yet he calls others thick!:lol:

Last edited:
I hate the way he is splitting us into two factions for and against. and says the fans are behind him because they don't shout abuse when the game starts of course we don't shout abuse when the game starts were all villa fans we will cheer the team on who ever the manager is we just want to win.

Despite wanting him out since that farce at Brentford away over a year ago I have been respectful to Bruce because of his conduct when his parents died but that's out of the window now. The bloke should be managing a pub team yet he has an arrogance about him that you don't see in Guardiola. Giving it large because we beat Rotherham at home smh. This clown deserves everything he is going to get when it turns ugly and I won't feel sorry for him at all now.

He isn't clever at all he could've made different comments last night and come out of it looking good but instead he said what he did. Complete and utter knobhead.

Last edited:
Not sure if the man who signed Scott Hogan, Henri Lansbury and Chris Samba can really be taking pot shots at anyone's intelligence to he honest.

Why he's felt the need to pick a fight I don't know, sensible thing would have been to focus on the win and the new boys scoring. What's happens Saturday if we're a goal down and playing shit? Will the people who were calling for his head think twice in case he takes a pop again or are they going to inform him of their opinion of his intelligence? Why put unneeded pressure on yourself.

We played OK and I hope our fans don't see the sheff utd horror show repeated soon, awesome numbers in support Saturday and I'm always grateful for that. We stick together and I will take the flack when the team is under performing because that's what I'm paid to do. Up the villa and see you all Saturday, cheers.

Is what he could have said last night.

Said in the match thread, in no sport in the world does it ever end well for a manager who takes shots at fans.

Managers (even the best in the world) are never bigger than, nor will they ever outlast the fan base

This sort of outburst is symptomatic of the sort of stress many have seen on his face in the last few games. Dont want to see the guy make himself ill neither do I want to descend to personal insults, think it would be better for all concerned if he just called it a day. Management of any football club is you take the flak and the plaudits as part and parcel of the job. So far he has lashed the players and the fans the book stops with you Steve Bruce.

This sort of outburst is symptomatic of the sort of stress many have seen on his face in the last few games. Dont want to see the guy make himself ill neither do I want to descend to personal insults, think it would be better for all concerned if he just called it a day. Management of any football club is you take the flak and the plaudits as part and parcel of the job. So far he has lashed the players and the fans the book stops with you Steve Bruce.

Merlin, I think he'd have to call it a Tuesday, unless he uses a different calander of course.

The guy is as thick as pig shit and should look at himself in the mirror before making comments like that.