The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 146 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

If true, that's a disgrace. Don't think I would begrudge Jedinak a decent wage, but average £45k there is outrageous, especially as you say, 3 of them are contributing sweet Fanny Adams.

Richards and Jedinak reported on £50k each, McCormack and Lansbury on £40k each.
Same report has Bree on £23k. He was reported to be on £1k at Barnsley, quite an increase and indicative of what has been wrong with the clubs transfer dealings for at least twelve years and probably a lot longer.
This report points out that the club have had a premiership wage bill while playing in the championship.
Most sensible clubs have, not only a clause in wages contracts covering increases for things like qualifying for the champions league but, clauses covering decreases in wages if the club are relegated. We apparently have never had such clauses. Criminally irresponsible in my opinion.

Last edited:
Not that I am blaming Bruce obviously - three of them were here before he was, and I'm sure Round and Wyness would have negotiated Lansbury's contract.

I’d take Bolasie, in a front three with Jimmy he’s supply him with plenty of opportunities to get that elusive goal.

Although agree on defenders. Maybe we think we’re Real Madrid? Conceding goals, buy a forward

Don’t matter if you concede 3 goals per game if you score 4... who says Bruce isn’t an attacking manager?

He’s managing in the Championship with Championship quality players. Those stats look good to me.
He hasn't got anywhere near the same stats in the PL - when he was there with PL level players. It's an observation not a criticism and stats never represent what we see on the pitch. Dean Smith's stats are probably crap, but the football his sides have played against us have left us debating his merits for the managers role at Villa.

Each to their own, stats can be at powerful tool, but they don't prove anything, just allude to probabilities.

I’d take Bolasie, in a front three with Jimmy he’s supply him with plenty of opportunities to get that elusive goal.

Although agree on defenders. Maybe we think we’re Real Madrid? Conceding goals, buy a forward

Bolasie hasn't played for a year, due to injury.
And you danvilla2, want us to take him and get him matchfit for another club's benefit.
If we did take Bolasie on loan it would only be another sign of how inept our management structure is.

Can't see the point in Bolassie. He's a winger, and Adomah and Green can do that job, plus a few others.

We need an out and out forward, to play alongside Kodj or replace him.

I’m trying to be positive with Bruce, we’ve got 6 points out of 6. BUT...........I’m pissed off with his treatment of players. I can’t imagine he’s good at Man management at all. Jed Steer, he did well against Hull and his shot stopping was good, saved us twice. Was looking forward to seeing him getting game time like Johnstone did, but No.....Bruce sends him on his way in favour of an untried nobody who can’t kick (working Saturday so couldn’t see for myself). Jedinak, sorry but he’s not a centre back, utter crap. I feel so sorry for Elphick. I don’t know what the bloke has got to do. Patience wearing think with his constant pissing about. Seeing someone mention Benitez, I actually would take him. Remember, he turned us down before.

Interesting stat (assuming it's true - can't be bothered to check)

DkfUdKhW4AA8iUb.jpg

*obviously I know he didn't take charge at the start of 2016/17. I assume they mean since he took over.

Jedinak was looking rather slow in the Wigan game.....

He doesn't just look slow Col he is slow but so is Chester both are slower than the average striker. Not ideal but it's what we have Tommy Elphick is no quicker either, it where we are

Bolasie hasn't played for a year, due to injury.
And you danvilla2, want us to take him and get him matchfit for another club's benefit.
If we did take Bolasie on loan it would only be another sign of how inept our management structure is.

Yes 1958Villan, if it helps us in any way get promoted where we can get a cash windfall of however many tens of millions to then buy an improved player, yes 1958Villan - I would.

We weren't complaining when Johnstone or Snoddy came along, on loan, were we?

Injury issues though - that is the biggest concern for me.