The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 107 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

I certainly see the complaints Merlin, but I appreciate how he tightened us up and brought back that level of discipline and confidence. The next step is pure confidence where we're not worried about leaking and can go on the attack.

I have no idea if he can achieve that, I just think he's earned the shot to try. Especially in the current climate as if he can foster that 'fuck them' attitude much in the way Neil Warnock does....that could be worth watching!

I still think promotion would be the aim though, I just think the self adulation people at Villa would shut the fuck up this time.

Do not deny the guy his achievements Mike we were in a mess not of his making he did steady the ship and is to my mind a decent man and fully deserving of the plaudits for doing that. Think it would be the making of him if he decided to stop the cautious approach and went for it.(He may have to if Chester goes unless decent signings come in to replace him)

I don't dude, I'm not convinced he can make the next step - I'm just willing to give him the shot which is as fair as I can be and I think from a 'tighten up' perspective he takes a lot of unfair stick and doesn't get the credit for it.

But it's about the next step and Wembley showed that...we again sat back and were nervous. Bruce says all the right things about the job, he needs to be saying it in the dressing room...we're Aston Villa, fuck them, go at them knowing you're here for a reason. If you weren't good enough, you'd be playing for them overachieving!

It would make him if he could change his ethos though and it would also be fully deserved in my humble. I'm rooting for him to do that - but I'm not convinced is my caveat.

Players will be back a week on Monday. So reckon Steve needs to be back early next week. At which point they can hardly keep things under wraps any longer.

Certainly not whether he stays, goes, or walks with everything going on.

That's me for the night folks, enjoy and behave yourselves :hmmm:

Sorry, this post is off topic, but please may I take this opportunity to apologise for my hissy rant a few days ago. It was uncalled for and not directed at anyone in particular and particularly as there are so many people I have the utmost respect for on this forum.

I will take a sabbatical to recharge the batteries as the posts, issues and people all became a bit familiar however my ill-thought rant was unjustified and actually unnecessary as the stress of what's going on at our beloved club is the same for everyone.

Have a great summer everyone and see you maybe when the season actually starts......hopefully!?

Derek,
(Thomas Holte)

Sorry, this post is off topic, but please may I take this opportunity to apologise for my hissy rant a few days ago. It was uncalled for and not directed at anyone in particular and particularly as there are so many people I have the utmost respect for on this forum.

I will take a sabbatical to recharge the batteries as the posts, issues and people all became a bit familiar however my ill-thought rant was unjustified and actually unnecessary as the stress of what's going on at our beloved club is the same for everyone.

Have a great summer everyone and see you maybe when the season actually starts......hopefully!?

Derek,
(Thomas Holte)

Would not worry about it Derek you were not aiming at any one and you sound like your of my generation (the older vintage) and were allowed to do that now and again ,so the youngsters can say its ok hes getting on a bit lol

I'll echo Merlin mate. We've all been there previously - well most of us at least lol I know I have. Re charge and look forward to seeing you back when we kick off matey!

As I have nothing new to add to the Bruce debate, I thought I would try and get to the root of the recent spat in an attempt to mediate and restore the general feeling of goodwill to all men.

You'll be pleased to know that I am indeed a progressive, forward thinking kind of chap, who would not dream of stirring the shit or upsetting fellow Villa fans.

Having studied the evidence, I believe the following statements were rather incendury.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

"What a load oc clap trap !. Forward thinkinv etc.... "

"Which means what exactly ? "

These comments were clearly not made by vibrant, dynamic, up and coming young posters. They are just plain insulting, ineloquent and abusive and I for one am deeply upset at the lazy and inaccurate use of the keyboard. If you don't understand what words mean, look them up in a dictionary for goodness sake! And please stop upsetting one another.

In the words of that well known Spurs racist - Holte Lower, Deano and Melon Donkey - You're fired! :grinning::tophat::finger:,

Yes all will be good when we beat Hull 5-0 with a devastating display of one touch , incisive , attacking football .

That would of course indicate a progressive, forward thinking approach that resulted in the utilisation of young, hungry players in a vibrant, dynamic and fluid formation. I for one would be all for it:hmmm:

yours Johann.

PS - we were robbed in 74 and 78 and our kit was better than those South American teams.

Steve Bruce really does have a free hand, team wise, this season coming. He knows we can't afford to sack him, so he could play 11, 17 year olds, if he wanted.

Difficult times I have no doubt some of our youngsters are up to it question is how many ?. I think as supporters we can be over enthusiastic about some of our young players,where Bruce tends to err
in the other direction and seems reluctant to play them at all. Like most very concerned about the centre half positions if we have to let Chester go.

If we lose targets through delays then will Bruce trust the youngsters or go for names we should never be signing as he panics?