The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 106 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

The position we seem to be in, given Bruce got us operating from a defence first, concede less, approach after our free fall it would be ridiculous to change now - even more than before. Let him use the off pitch shit to really get a siege mentality going in the dressing room and get our attacking game up and running now we have the defensive basis.

Last edited:
Is SB back from his holiday yet, when is he back behind the desk? Alan Hutton thanked Steve Round and the manager for working on the deal as quick as they did, but we haven't seen or heard from SB yet.

I wonder if Xia has told Bruce anything yet about targets, objectives, budgets, The manager has to know the situation soon so he can plan comings (loans and freebies) and goings (Jack stay another year at least).

Its horrible not knowing what's happening.

SB wouldn't have worked on the deal anyway, it's not a managers remit especially thesedays - they'd have been on contact simply to ensure it was done. I would guess he could have a few days left, but he'll be working now anyway - especially in our situation.

Hopefully Xia has when it comes to targets - not shit or bust, there's aiming high then there's being a bellend and piling immeasurable pressure on a team when it's still in a funk.

Ime not a big fan of Bruce and yes I do see what folk complain about but at the moment I think the club is to unstable to risk changing him.If we were taken over and money was coming into the club then yes different matter, but at the moment I believe he will help to keep things on an even keel. If half of what has been written is true we will not be worrying about promotion next season but will be looking for mid table security which will suit Bruce to my mind.