The Official Shrewsbury Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Simeon Jackson "for all your last minute needs") | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Shrewsbury Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Simeon Jackson "for all your last minute needs")

Just about deserve to go in level. First 10 and last 5 of the half were good but beyond that we've not been great. As is so often the case, whoever can take their chances will win.

Good game of football. O’Jillvee could have opened his account just then.

Had two great chances to do that - one sitter! Funny how in previous seasons he used to be a shoe in for 2-3 headers or scrappy goals from corners a season. This season, he must have missed at least half a dozen great chances like that but scored an absolute worldie and at least one other well taken strike!

Just about deserve to go in level. First 10 and last 5 of the half were good but beyond that we've not been great. As is so often the case, whoever can take their chances will win.

Agree. on good chances, it could easily have been 3-2 to us. Two very good early chances for us, two very good ones for them and then a sitter for Ogilvie at the end. Both teams have also had several other good opportunities, including two free kicks in great positions which were poorly executed by us. An even game between two well matched teams, which is fairly level.

In a way, it's a similar performance to first half v Blackpool last week - our defending at times has been ropey, but we have created and spurned good chances. The only difference is that we're playing an average rather than good, form and improving opponent.

I don't think there's much between the sides in this division. Certainly not much between Gills and Shrews on this showing.
Might spoil myself and have a hobnob with my half time tea

Just on Audio on this. Listening to commentary it sounded a bit drab but looks like those here watching are enjoying it. I’ve really Enjoyed all our recent games I’ve watched so maybe Pete and his mate not doing it justice?