The Official Sam Johnstone Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Sam Johnstone Thread

Pretty clear cut. If we get promoted he'll sign. If we don't then he'll look at other options. But if the options aren't good enough wouldn't rule out him still signing; he's unlikely to get an offer from a top club, at least not one where he'll be number one.

I don't see that he'll have a huge range of options either. I don't think any PL club would sign him as number 1.

Player comes out and says he will stay at my club if we go up. People wonder why there is a disconnect between players and fans nowadays. Poor timing to say anything at all given how our season has turned in recent weeks. Just shut the fcuk up.

Better still I will give you a proposal. Sort your kicking out and WE will let you stay.

Player comes out and says he will stay at my club if we go up. People wonder why there is a disconnect between players and fans nowadays. Poor timing to say anything at all given how our season has turned in recent weeks. Just shut the fcuk up.

Better still I will give you a proposal. Sort your kicking out and WE will let you stay.
Got to say I think his kicking it out, whether it sticks or not, is pretty poor. It always seems to be his first option to kick upfield and not look for the short ball out - but the outfield don't help by not making themselves available. I think this has been a major contributor to our style of play all season and the fact it just continues makes me question how they address building attacking play in training. Find it all pretty depressing really cause it just happens over and over and over.............ad infinitum.

Nowhere did he say he'd only stay if we went up. What he said was
"It’s been fun getting games in and getting different experiences but I’m 25 now and ready to settle. Hopefully Villa get promoted and we’ll take things from there. "

Of course he hopes he will be playing for Villa in the PL. Doesn't rule out other options, though.

Nowhere did he say he'd only stay if we went up. What he said was
"It’s been fun getting games in and getting different experiences but I’m 25 now and ready to settle. Hopefully Villa get promoted and we’ll take things from there. "

Of course he hopes he will be playing for Villa in the PL. Doesn't rule out other options, though.

Yeah. But he didn't mention he would stay if we didn't go up either did he. Funny that.
Sorry, this says one thing only. I will consider staying if we go up.

He's on loan and can do what he wants. I think his shot stopping is excellent but he doesn't come off his line and command the box enough.

He's on loan and can do what he wants. I think his shot stopping is excellent but he doesn't come off his line and command the box enough.
Couldn't agree more. His shot stopping is excellent but that is only one aspect of goalkeeping and his distribution and command of his area or at least the 6 yard box are equally important. One thing not helping is how we pull all our players back for corners and crowding the penalty area making it more difficult for the keeper to come out and claim the ball.

Yes it must be hard when there are bodies in the way and blocking off the keeper.

Not many come off their line nowadays.

If he does not want to stay at Villa he wont but does he honestly think there will be a place for him at Manchester United or for that matter any other Premiership club. He is at Aston Villa because currently that is where his standing as a keeper is at.....

If he were fucking outstanding he would be playing in United first team however if he were shit he would be playing for Torquay United.

Before Big Sam gets a Bigger Head, stop and smell the coffee you twat you are where you deserve to be, nothing more or nothing less.