The Official RIP Thread | Page 156 | Vital Football

The Official RIP Thread

To my mind the greatest player of all time. Mexico 86, the world has not seen a better player. Incredible achievements at Napoli as well.

Last edited:
Got to HAND it to him, Maradona was some player. One of the best to grace the hallowed turf, no doubt.

Wish the modern players were forced to watch his film and see how a magician at work, tried to stay on his feet all the time, despite woeful pitches, harder footballers and far more violent tackles.

How I will remember him is one of the biggest cheating scum that lived. He was a druggie and an alcoholic so killed himself really.

Yes he did. He is just famous evidence of the damage alcohol and drugs can do. Addiction doesn't get put on many death certificate. However in so many cases like his he was indirectly killed by his addictions.

Alcohol and drugs can bring on heart attacks, cancers and all sorts. Liver is the last thing to go

I don't think an illegal goal in a football match makes him one of the biggest cheats ever, football really isn't that important.