The Official RIP Thread | Page 150 | Vital Football

The Official RIP Thread

If you like your rock music you will know Martin Birch who produced/ engineered Deep Purple, Whitesnake, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, MSG, Faces, Fleetwood Mac, just about anyone in the 70's /80's. Died 9th August. You gave me the sounds of my youth, thank you and RIP.

One of our own, Mick Tindall.

Played for his boyhood team in the late 50s early 60s finally succumbed to dementia and alzheimers disease at the age of 79.

I remember Micky Tindall from when I first started going down Villa Park. Good player.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/mike-tindall-aston-villa-dementia-18748706

Rest In Peace Mike Tindall and that's for the memories. Holte enders in the sky.....

:utv:

Oh dear this year keeps on getting worse, RIP Pete Way, bassist with the magnificent and much underestimated UFO., and a lifelong Villa fan. He played hard and lived life to the full, thank you for the music.

Pete Way.jpg

A mate of mine told me today - he knew Pete personally. I think that's 3 members of UFO to have passed away in the last 12 months. Met Pete at a Waysted club gig here a few years ago. I had a Villa shirt on and he walked off the stage mid set and kissed the badge and then casually walked back on stage again, didn't miss a note. We chatted a bit out Villa after the show. Very down to earth bloke. RIP Pete.

Wonderful memory Starchild, yes three have very recently died. it has brought home to me that an end of an era is coming, one that will never be repeated. All I would say to anyone now is if you have an artist or band you want to see then don't delay you never know if they will be around in the future. I missed Thin Lizzy in 83 and UFO on their last tour, now it is too late.

I was talking to mike tindalls nephew today. I have known him for years and years and didnt know they were related
Strangely enough he is a blue nose.

He said the club have been fantastic with the family which is good to hear.

David Capel, Northamptonshire and England all rounder from the late 1980s aged 57. Had been suffering with a brain tumour for 2 years.

Rest In Peace David.