The Official RIP Thread | Page 181 | Vital Football

The Official RIP Thread

Sad but not unexpected news about Jimmy Greaves.

For those of you on here not old enough to remember him here is a video of him and notice his remarkably quick feet and thought of mind.

Rest In Peace now Jimmy.

thanks for the video, brought tears to my eyes, he made goal scoring easy, loved him when he was on itv midlands doing the analysis he was great but humble ,,seanie

Another blow.

So sad to see John Challis leaving us. What a character he played in OFAH and The Green, green grass.

Rest In Peace John and thanks for those brilliant characters.

Blimey it's been a busy day for "knocking on heavens door"

Yup I was only thinking the other dsy "I get what mom meant now when she used to say you get to a certain age, everyone is dieing and it makes you feel old"

I always remember the late Jimmy Greaves as a co-commentator the night that Villa did a number on Inter. (1990?) Walter Zenga was the Inter goalkeeper and as Villa peppered him with shots Jimmy remarked, "Old Walt's having a busy evening".
I liked this little (and typical) story of him in "The Times" today.

jg.JPG

Ah Jimmy Greaves was also a longterm member of my 12 step program. He was 42 yesr sober when he passed. He will have done so much for others you will never know about within the fellowship.

Here is a hard hitting piece He wrote in 2013 about addiction, his own battles and demons.

Love him as the known character however what you didn't see and know about him maketh him

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-greaves-talks-about-paul-gascoigne-1646950

Just found out Alan Hawkshaw died a week or so ago, a legendary composer who did a hell of a lot of work with the record label KPM, very famous for all sort of library music