The Official RIP Thread | Page 171 | Vital Football

The Official RIP Thread

Remembering Phil the Greek...

Plenty more where these came from :oops:

https://inews.co.uk/light-relief/jo...f-edinburgh-birthday-98-gaffes-98-years-10305

“If you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes,” he remarked to 21-year-old British student Simon Kerby during a visit to China in 1986.

“Do you still throw spears at each other?” he asked Aboriginal leader William Brin at the Aboriginal Cultural Park in Queensland in 2002.

“Do people trip over you?” he asked a wheelchair-bound nursing-home resident in 2002.

“Who do you sponge off?” he asked women at a community centre in Barking and Dagenham in 2015.

“Are you all one family?” he asked of multi-ethnic dance troupe Diversity at the Royal Variety Performance in 2009.

That explains the 'only the good die young' !!!!!!!!!!!

No KK, there will be no non-news programmes whatsoever. Same news coverage on BBC 1 and 2 for the rest of the day.

Looks similar on ITV according to the Sky planner.

No TV on for me today then! I would switch on Echo and the radio bit that will be the same no doubt.

Play some music might be the safe. Thank God I'm going to a fellowship meeting tonight.

That's going to be the TV screwed for the next few months! Sighs

You all seem to be taking HRH's demise quite well. I did intend to offer my deepest sympathy but I'm unsure as to whether it's needed....
This is some of the coverage from the "Irish Independent".

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...ributeto-britains-prince-philip-40293195.html

It's sad for his family. That is it. Its not a tragedy. He was 99. No one lives forever. Its a natural part of life. Tragedies are the young children and young people who die today

I don't even include my David in that although is was young by today standards at 60.

Not long after David passed I started looking after my grandson. When he was asleep in my arms I used to look up at David's picture and I knew what he would be saying to me "Ethan is the future. I know I was only 60 but you wouldn't swap my life for his and neither would I" ❤

I'm sure I could sum up in 2 mins what they are going to spend the next 12hrs saying about him. Thank Gawd I have Sky Sports.