The Official RIP Thread | Page 162 | Vital Football

The Official RIP Thread

My old apprentice mate died a couple of days ago aged 62 only found out last night, apparently went into the hospital with breathing problems and they found Lung cancer and a heart infection. I'm guessing indirectly Covid is responsible as the Hospital is so busy they have to prioritise.
There were 18 of us who started together in 1974 , 3 have already gone, really hits home on your own mortality.
I used to drive 10 miles a day out of my way to give him a lift to work when we were 17 as he didn't drive and we'd been placed at Spot Garage in Northfield for 3 months, we travelled together to our 25-year long service awards.
Lost direct touch after due to all the upheaval that happened in the industry but the network amounst us all is still there RIP Steve

I remember his time at VP. The first foreign coach in the English league. Came with high hopes but unfortunately his ideas and style didn't suit home grown players and sadly it didn't work out.

RIP Dr Joe.

Dustin Diamond, better known as Screech in Saved by the Bell has died at the age of 44 due to cancer.

Just seen the sad news about Captain Tom.

A huge BIG thank you for everything you did for the NHS Captain Tom. You'll never be forgotten.

But now, it's time to Rest In Peace Captain Tom, you've earned it. Condolences to your family and close friends.