The Official RIP Thread | Page 160 | Vital Football

The Official RIP Thread

Designer Pierre Cardin, aged 98.

There will be a minute's silence at Sports Direct stores across the country as a mark of respect to one of their major suppliers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55476062
Many years ago, before Sports Direct, I owned a pair of Pierre Cardin Wedgewood Blue leather shoes.
I wore them to an inteview along with a black pinstripe double breasted suit. Looked the dogs bollocks, though wholly inappropriate.
I got the job and worked for that company for twenty years.
In a subsequent disagreement with my manager he said " I knew you were going to be trouble when you wore those fucking shoes to your interview."
Ha ha. RIP Pierre.

Tommy Doc was the catalyst, he should never be forgotten. Anyone who stood in the mighty Holte on 07Dec68 and watched as Villa drew 0-0 with Charlton in front of 12,747 could never have believed what they would see before the year was out. His second game in charge on Boxing Day was one of the most memorable ever for me - to start with the attendance of 41,250 and a 2-0 win. It was mesmerising after what had gone on before. Then a week later there was the FAC R3 [when it was a really special day in the calendar] and beating QPR 2-1 at Villa with just under 40,000 to see it. The transformation was incredible. Ok, he kept Villa up but got the push next season but he had done something magical. The next two guys at the helm were pretty special. What a trip and it all started with the Doc.
RIP and thanks for those memories.

Tommy Doc was the catalyst, he should never be forgotten. Anyone who stood in the mighty Holte on 07Dec68 and watched as Villa drew 0-0 with Charlton in front of 12,747 could never have believed what they would see before the year was out. His second game in charge on Boxing Day was one of the most memorable ever for me - to start with the attendance of 41,250 and a 2-0 win. It was mesmerising after what had gone on before. Then a week later there was the FAC R3 [when it was a really special day in the calendar] and beating QPR 2-1 at Villa with just under 40,000 to see it. The transformation was incredible. Ok, he kept Villa up but got the push next season but he had done something magical. The next two guys at the helm were pretty special. What a trip and it all started with the Doc.
RIP and thanks for those memories.
Agree 67, I was at those games as a seventeen year old and it was a special time to be a Villa fan.
We got back our self respect after all the years of piss taking at our expense by the rest of our local clubs, and the bus conductor on the No 39 with his music hall gags as we approached Villa Park.
Great time to be a Villa fan.

I loved the "Doc" story about how he promised the Rotherham chairman that he'd take the club out of the Second Division.
And he kept his word. The following season they were in the Third Division.