The Official Oxford United Match Thread (sponsored by Swindon Town "for all your specious rivalry needs") | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Official Oxford United Match Thread (sponsored by Swindon Town "for all your specious rivalry needs")

I think we signed Akinde as the missing piece of the promotion puzzle so I can well believe we paid him a decent contract to secure promotion

It didn't work out.

Knee booers, "get him off" and "Scally Out" singers were pretty much all one and the same on Saturday.

Dressed like Football Factory extras, aged mid to late teens with a few older heads in there too.
More older heads than i thought there would be tbh. Noticed that there were more on Saturday and last Tuesday than Shrewsbury a few weeks back.Ialmost thought it was a wind up when we wentone down ( like last Tuesday) and they started chanting.
The best thing PS can do right now is say nothing and stay silent completely..

More older heads than i thought there would be tbh. Noticed that there were more on Saturday and last Tuesday than Shrewsbury a few weeks back.Ialmost thought it was a wind up when we wentone down ( like last Tuesday) and they started chanting.
The best thing PS can do right now is say nothing and stay silent completely..

Out of interest. Anyone know what’s happened to the Facebook forum most of those folk frequent?

It seems to have completely disappeared over the past day or so. I’m sure I saw some venting about John Akinde on there over the weekend, but when I paid another visit to check I can’t find the forum anywhere 🤷‍♂️

I noticed at the Charlton game that it seemed the ones who were booing taking the knee, were also the same ones who were singing "Scally out". Middle of the Rainham End, Block 4... Not all of them of course, but that's where the same noises were coming from. Thankfully, most of us were singing Blue Army when the lads took the knee, so they were hardly heard.
I was in block 1 for the Charlton game, I usually sit in block 3 or 4 but I had my daughters with me and couldn’t get 3 together there.
A few started the Scally out chants as soon as Charlton scored (it was as if they waiting for it). I just started up a chant of “Gills” and most fans joined in and completely drowned them out.
I reckon this is the best way to deal with them. Rather than engage with them and potentially get in a row, just support the team and more often than not many will join you.
It is obviously easier at home than away when there may not be as many like minded fans around you.

I was in block 1 for the Charlton game, I usually sit in block 3 or 4 but I had my daughters with me and couldn’t get 3 together there.
A few started the Scally out chants as soon as Charlton scored (it was as if they waiting for it). I just started up a chant of “Gills” and most fans joined in and completely drowned them out.
I reckon this is the best way to deal with them. Rather than engage with them and potentially get in a row, just support the team and more often than not many will join you.
It is obviously easier at home than away when there may not be as many like minded fans around you.
There is a vlog on YouTube by a couple of young Gills fans who claimed immediately when we went one nil down that it showed the state of the club under Scally and that he had to go. 😂
Total muppets

Ok it is "The Voice" and not X Factor but

and

I think both got quite far in the competition. Not sure if Herr does clean vocals although I would so buy their new album if Herr did a cover version of "Look what you made me do":punk:

Second girl has excellent technique. It's a lot harder than people think, it's not actual screaming or growling because you'd blow your vocal chords if you didn't learn how to do it properly.

Ok it is "The Voice" and not X Factor but

and

I think both got quite far in the competition. Not sure if Herr does clean vocals although I would so buy their new album if Herr did a cover version of "Look what you made me do":punk:
Brilliant Baghdad, shame there's not a British example, although there may be. I don't usually watch 'The Voice' but would if there was that sort of variety.

Second girl has excellent technique. It's a lot harder than people think, it's not actual screaming or growling because you'd blow your vocal chords if you didn't learn how to do it properly.

The second girl is now the vocalist of https://gwendydd.bandcamp.com/album/human-nature which is a really good album.

I can't recall who said it now but "It is easy to do death growls. The difficulty is doing it for more than a couple of seconds without permanently damaging your vocal cords".

From watching videos I don't think most singers fully understand the technique from a technical perspective and will constantly rotate between a combination of fry, false folds and other similar techniques while singing and will naturally gravitate to a combination that feels most natural.