The Official John Terry Thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

i've admired JT for a long time and it stems back to an England game in around 2001 time (when wembley was being rebuilt), i was still in the ground long after the final whistle , several players were on the pitch warming down. Then JT emerged , went over to the disabled area where a few kids and parents etc were still around and he spent a good 10-15 minutes with them signing things etc . He was the only one to do it, no press around or anything. Have always known he's a decent bloke despite a lot of the abuse he's had down the years .
Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Had he nicked their disabled parking space lol

Just joking, JT has been good for us.

Nice words from JT to Deano.

View attachment 50647
Lovely words from JT but clearly papering over huge ‘cracks’ and he’s now shown himself to be a complete liar. Everything he utters about the gaffer is a complete load of bollocks…It’s clear to see after almost 3 years that DS is ‘out of his depth‘ in all departments and should have moved on after his first difficult spell 3 months after arriving….:throw:

Yes , saw this last night.

Far from a sign that there are things wrong which led to him leaving which is a default position for some. Cracks :lol:.

But still, I expect to read posts shortly that JT is lying and it's still some sort of conspiracy that he left.
What I took from the interview is that he wants some time to play golf, fuck some more WAGs and wait for an opportunity that interests him.

Wherever he goes onto manage he will leave if he's ever offered the Chelsea job.

It's seems everything he carefully maps out for himself in his managerial career all points to that desire eventually for himself.

Wherever he goes onto manage he will leave if he's ever offered the Chelsea job.

It's seems everything he carefully maps out for himself in his managerial career all points to that desire eventually for himself.

Surely a Man City offer would trump everything else? It seems to for other managers and players :halo:

On the evidence i have seen since he left. A huge miss.

We are a defensive shambles.

I don't think he was the defensive coach though. I remember in the 19/20 season he was getting pelters because people assumed he was the reason our defense was a shambles but it turned out that bar some one on one coaching he wasn't taking the defenders. Smith himself started doing it in the run up to the restart in 2020 but I'm not sure if he still is.