The Official John Terry Thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

I fully believe Shakey was the replacement, but I think he had another year to go, so we've effectively mutually cancelled contract mate. Otherwise I don't see him starting this season if he wasn't under contract.

If he's got invites elsewhere, and huge rumours of Chelsea wanting to add him to staff, I don't see cracks.....I see this as his eventual next step.

I see him going to Chelsea. It makes sense, he loves the club, he lives around the corner from their training ground. But he will go into management within the next 2 years so I don't see the Chelsea move as being a long term one.

personally i suspect his contract wasn't renewed and Shakespeare was always the replacement and planned. but that is just my opinion.
either way JT was brilliant for us. always liked the bloke. i have a very nice JT story from years ago which made me respect him years ago despite all the flak.

If his contract was up he'd have left weeks ago not now.

He was always going to leave at some point as its pretty obvious he harbours managerial aspersions of his own.

Usual suspect seemingly not being able to wait for something bad to happen . How the hell can a coach leaving be a sign that cracks are appearing . Lol.

Either that or .
1- just a drama queen
2- just a wind up merchant.
3- trolling blue nose or Baggies fan.

Can't read any conspiracy into that......or can you??

For me, he took the summer to decide his next step. He's got his own ambitions, feels he has learnt enough and wanted to make the jump now.

Best of luck JT, just don't come back to Villa unless you are prepared to lose :ROFLMAO:
All you need to know is that this is a sign of the club falling apart and we should fully expect relegation and bankruptcy in the next 12 months.

Can't read any conspiracy into that......or can you??

For me, he took the summer to decide his next step. He's got his own ambitions, feels he has learnt enough and wanted to make the jump now.
Yep MON did the same took all summer to decide then F..... Off 4 days before the season started. Different character JT and I wish him all the best.

Usual suspect seemingly not being able to wait for something bad to happen . How the hell can a coach leaving be a sign that cracks are appearing . Lol.

Either that or .
1- just a drama queen
2- just a wind up merchant.
3- trolling blue nose or Baggies fan.

Agree. There's no need for Terry to hang on here anymore as an assistant. Both Lampard and Gerrard have already done alright in management and he's surely looking at them thinking "what am I waiting for?". He probably has some sort of offer on the table and rightly so. If he becomes a top manager then I'm sure he'd love to come back here one day.

i've admired JT for a long time and it stems back to an England game in around 2001 time (when wembley was being rebuilt), i was still in the ground long after the final whistle , several players were on the pitch warming down. Then JT emerged , went over to the disabled area where a few kids and parents etc were still around and he spent a good 10-15 minutes with them signing things etc . He was the only one to do it, no press around or anything. Have always known he's a decent bloke despite a lot of the abuse he's had down the years .
Just wanted to get that off my chest.