The Official John Terry Thread | Page 48 | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

Radio reports suggest he is in talk with Boro.

If he goes, he goes. I never felt he would want to sit in the background long term.

Must admit the press crap re. Lampard v Terry final is very ignorant and rude towards Smith. All told, it was Smith who I saw as the big plus coming in after the Cabbage-gate affair.

If he does go somewhere good luck to him. I will thank him for the influence he has clearly had on Super Jack amongst others.

I never thought he would be with us long term anyway.

I'm not sure it would be a wise move for Lampard at the moment. With their transfer ban and Hazard moving on, things may well be tougher for them next season. If they missed out on Champions league he would be under threat of the sack.

I think JT wants the Chelsea job long term as well, so not sure he would go with Lampard as his number 2, surely Frank would stick with his current coaches

Cant see Terry at M'bro tbh.....it's the time of year when there's little or no football news so they'll spout any old crap to stir up debate. Never thought he'd be at Villa for long but dont see M'bro as a Terry destination!

Would have thought he'd fancy a year as a coach in the top flight @ Villa should we make it. Who knows? Never expected him to be with us long term.

If the story is true I wouldn't put it past that little turd Gibson to try and disrupt us before the final.

I think Langoe is right, it's just something to fill the football pages while all is quiet.

When he eventually leaves the club, I'll wish him well. I've no idea if he is any good as a coach but he certainly made an impact last season.

Think he'll be with us for at least another year. Enjoying himself, getting more experience. He once said he was looking at 5 years before coming a manager; that might be stretching it a bit, but reckon he'll take his time. Think he'd want the right club and have the right backroom staff in place.

Lamps made a good choice. Club big enough to be serious about getting somewhere and good enough to be top half of the division.

Reminiscent of there suddenly being loads of reports about Liverpool wanting Benteke the day before we played them in the cup semi final. Not at all an attempt at disruption or distracting an opposition player.